DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The driver's door on my 99 Grand Caravan has sagged to the point where the door moulding hits the fender and it won't open correctly. Can anyone help with advice about how to reach the adjusting bolts? There are 2 on the top hinge and 3 on the bottom hinge, it appears. I can't get to any of them with the usual tools. I read another place on the web that this door sag is a common problem with Caravans, and so is reaching the bolts.

All input greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Gary

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
Door sag happens to all vehicles....especially the driver's door. However on a 99 vehicle it's odd.

Anyhow rather than trying to adjust the door, you should probably install new hinges OR install new bushings and hinge pins. Your local dealer would probably have these.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I'm with Nate on this one.

Replacing hinges is super easy, and they're usually not expensive. Just use a floor jack to support the outer edge of the door, and unbolt them and replace them one at a time. Trying to adjust old, worn out hinges can take on a chasing-your-own-tail aspect that just makes replacement much more attractive.

Don't forget to lube!!

Rick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.