·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any suggestions? just trying to quiet it down a bit... :gr_patrio :rck:

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Try to find a stock one off someone? Cheap easy and effective.

·
Registered
47 Posts
x2

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
A resonator should go behind a muffler, not in front.

·
Clinically Certified
735 Posts
Ram3500Dually said:
A resonator should go behind a muffler, not in front.
True to a point...my 06 had a resonator in the front as well as the rear. But I think that was more for the MDS issue.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, my muffler is a dual out and i'm not about to spend money on two resonators. maybe one behind will work.

·
Retired Guy
1,239 Posts
I had a FM 40 series that was loud as hell, outlets were right in front of the rear tire, the fix for it was a glasspack, installed backwards, in front of the muffler, it helped out a lot.
HTH
see if Airborne64 can chime in, I gave it to him and he ran it for a while...

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'll do the resonator in teh front.. it should help a lot hhah thanks!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Is that little "box" that looks like a small muffler the resonator?? It is set back about 12" from the end of the tail pipe. If I cut that off, will the car sound louder /better?

·
grunt
566 Posts
that little muffler looking thing before the tip is the resignator. i had my brother cut mine out and put in a piece of 3 inch stainless. at the same time he turned the tip up closer to the body and welded on a nice chrome tip. it will make it sound healthier. nice quick fix 'til i get a magnaflow.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Aero makes resonators in various diameters. I've seen them on ebay for less than $100. I have an Aero 3030 but was contemplating getting the 3030XL (w/ resonator) instead. Honestly, I wish I followed my original thought. Maybe I'm getting old but that 3030 is LOUD! I may be trying out the resonator soon myself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.