DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I gambled on a used overhead console from a 2006 Durango off Ebay....I wanted Homelink buttons for the garage door and did not want to pay over 200.00 from the dealer..

They use the canbus also.....so I hoped....

I was pissed that the lens was scratched when it came...so after taking my Ram module out I swapped the lens over and put everything back....

From previous posts the problem has been no start with a wrong one used...but it started right up.....

I am going to have to have the console learn my gas tank all over again....but I successfully trained one of the buttons for my house.....

I am stoked.......

· 07brilliantblk
65 Posts
I have been trying to get the same setup to work in my 07 ram from an 04 durango but no luck yet. The console with the homelink has two more wires going to an eye and I can't figure out where to connect the wires.

· Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the 04 has the wrong set up

I am sure now that you need a 06 and up to make it work with our canbus system

I have a 07 evic that is coming...I am going to see if that will work in my ram as well......

· 07brilliantblk
65 Posts
The computer looks and connects the same. So I plugged it in and everything worked(but homelink) but no place to connect the eye wires.

· Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im lost what are the eye wires?

my 07 has two plugs one for the lights and one for the module....

· 07brilliantblk
65 Posts
the one I bought came with the connectors that were cut out of the original car. There is one more wire made into the harness that mine didn't have. It goes to what looks like an infrared eye that was mounted in the original console. Plus there is another wire coming from the eye but I don't know where to connect it. I think maybe the eye sends or receives the door opener signals. Does yours have some type of eye or antenna?

· Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no

maybe the sensor is for the automatic headlights....they have them on other dodge vehicles

I have been told you need a 06 and up to work on our rams canbus system i just dont think your 04 will do it

· Registered
57 Posts
jimtesla said:
I am going to have to have the console learn my gas tank all over again....but I successfully trained one of the buttons for my house.....

I am stoked.......
So did your new console learn how to figure out that you now have a bigger gas tank than a Durango?

· Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope....

but my Ram never did either....everything else works fine.....
love the Homelink.....

I am going into the dealer next week.....will ask what I should do....

· Registered
57 Posts
Thanks. let me know what they say. I believe they can reprogram it. :S I bought a console off of an 06 3500. I don't know if it was a Hemi or a CTD or what size the fuel tank was. I'll install it in a couple of days and let you all know how it works out. I don't expect the MPG or DTE to be correct though.

· Registered
12 Posts
I believe those "eyes" are for the delux HVAC controls.

· 2006 PW Q/C #0026
783 Posts
Well I am stuck. I bought a used EVIC out of a 2007 2500 Plugged it in and get DODGE then nothing. So obviously it knows it isnt in the right vehicle. I was reading in the 06 manual how to run a self test on the module. Ayone with an 07 FSM that can look up how to run a self test on the newer ones? I would really like to make this work but it is looking glim at this point.

Ryan

· Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maybe you need to disconnect the battery ?

when installed my unit...non evic.....I just had everything off...but battery was still connected......

If I have time this weekend I may try and install my evic and see what I get.......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.