DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there are any OEM switches avaialble to add to the OEM location for the heated seat swtiches in my 02 1500? It looks like there are two blanks that could be used but I'm not having much luck finding any pictures or information for any other kinds of switches that might go there as a factory option. I'd like to add some driving lights and I'd love to use that OEM location for the switch if possible. I might just have to buy another heated seat switch and see if I can get rid of the while heated seat logo and HI/LO on it or something. Here's a picture of what I'm talking about. Anyone ever seen anything in the two switch spots in the middle?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have looked around as well, and have been unsuccessful so far.
I know there is some kind of "axle disconnect" switch for the Power Wagon, that fills one of those blanks. I

I have seen people place other types of swicthes in those blank areas, but nothing that ever looked remotely close to OEM.

Hopefully, your pic will get people thinking and responding.

Good Luck,
Tim-

·
2006 PW Q/C #0026
779 Posts
You can make a factory switch work with a little determination. The sway bar switch might be your best bet as the heated seat switches, iirc, are a module. In my 06 I bought an ESP off switch and modified it to run a latching relay. I also sanded painted the whole thing black and took it to my local trophy shop who were able to engrave/etch the words I wanted into it. Let us know what you decide on.

Ryan

·
Registered
85 Posts
I would be interested in which one would work best too. I am installing an amp and that would be a PERFECT spot to put a remote switch in for it. Wire it over from the cigarette lighter and be good to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.