DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front end is sitting a bit high. I added my Top Gun Customz 3" coil spacer to the front today and took out the 2" that I had on there (I also got my 3" body lift installed - tomorrow I get the 37's put on).

Right now, my rear suspension is bone stock (for an Off Road). Not only am I sitting just a little bit nose high, but I'm a little nervous about the 37's fitting in the rear....

I've decided to go with an add-a-leaf over a block... the stock one is plenty tall. A new spring pack is not an option at this point ($$$$). I've seen a couple of different AAL's offered thru Summit.

Pro Comp offers one that's a generic AAL, but it's only 2.36" wide ($29). Superlift offers one as well, but it seems a bit generic in terms of fit as well ($65). SkyJacker also offers one that I know is specific to our trucks. What I'm getting at is will either of these other AAL's work, or suck it up and get the SkyJacker (also the most expensive - $75 for a set of AAL's seems a bit steep).

EDIT:
Also, will I need longer u-bolts?

·
Registered
9 Posts
i belive mine are skyjackers +2 from www.autoanything.com i got a good deal on them with free shipping. try that website they have the best prices. i think they are skyjackers but im not sure you will be able to find them on the site. ubolts - mine have about 1-2 threads past being flush with the nut. i think this is alright they are cranked down by a impact wrench with the air turned up high. i checked them a few weeks after the install and theyw ere still just as tight. so i would say you dont need them but it certainly wouldnt hurt.

·
BLACK
1,343 Posts
I got the Superlift AAL's from Summit and they worked very well. And you can't beat the price b/c when I ordered them off Summit, I got a $20 gift certificate from them. That certificate pretty much paid for the new u-bolts I needed. The stock u-bolts may have worked but they were very close to running out of threads and I didn't want to chance it.

·
I disgaree...:)
2,032 Posts
I bought the Pro Comp ones ($29) and they fit fine, they are the shorty style and gave my Off Road about 1" in the back. With my 2" spacers up front the rear sits higher by maybe 1".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.