DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well my friend (Yes..i let my friend borrow my truck) crashed my truck and i've been going through ordering the parts online because it's going to be A LOT cheaper then any body shop. Looking at the pics i was wondering if you guys could figure out what needs to be replaced.

So far i have
*bumper cover $340 *was quoted a grand at body shop
*bumper reinforcement $125 *was quoted 380
*passenger side bumper bracket $63

just not sure what other hidden parts may need to be replaced

the rest i can interchange like the pad on top of the bumper cover and the small grille in the bumper cover is still salvageable.

·
LI Hemi
704 Posts
i cant answer your question, but i can ask you one..how that happen?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ink0433 said:
i cant answer your question, but i can ask you one..how that happen?
Well coming back one night with 6 people total in the truck. Let my friend drive, he tried showing off and didn't realize that a powerful truck + wet road + going around a corner and giving it gas = accident.

Hit the corner pretty good and it started sliding and he tried to counteract it and then the front slid into a barrier. Pretty lucky for hitting it at 70km/h.

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
man that sucks...i had similar damage to my chrome bumper and found dodgeparts.com to have the best prices

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It's not that bad. The fender is fine and so are all the lights (even the fogs). Grilles fine as well. It's just the bumper and the bumper reinforcement. All i need to know is if the pass bumper bracket would need to be replaced. I guess ill go back and crawl back under and see if anything is obvious.

EDIT (aso edited first post)

Deff need a passenger side bumper bracket. driver side is mint.

·
Registered
998 Posts
A lazy mans way to find out what parts you need is to go get a free estimate at a body shop. Tell them you need a copy for your insurance man. I know this is a lazy mans way to do it because I am in fact a lazy man.

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
just the bumper parts like jyou said would be all you need, i had similar damage on my 01 sport when i rearended someone on the beltway here, i was even able to save my bumper mask and just repaint it, but i had to replace all the same steel you have to, new bumper/components, and just for grins check door alignment and front end alignment, when i did mine it knocked my door a tad bit off

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
oh and after your done take that old bumper and hit your friend in the head with it for wrecking your truck

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wow your lucky your Airbag didn't deploy ... Glad everyone was okay

·
Registered
733 Posts
DeMoN-HeMi said:
oh and after your done take that old bumper and hit your friend in the head with it for wrecking your truck
LOL HOW DID YOU REAREND SOMEONE ON THE BELTWAY...were they not moving out of the way LOL!!!

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
sorry to hear about the accident.

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
OncGMnowHemi said:
LOL HOW DID YOU REAREND SOMEONE ON THE BELTWAY...were they not moving out of the way LOL!!!
Correct they didnt move so i persuaded them to move

·
Registered
14 Posts
Before you part with your hard earned cash,Call to some local auto wreckers they might have the complete bumper assembly,They may even be able to find one the same color

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.