DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Used this kit on my truck with EXCELLENT results. I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
327 Posts
what kind of plugs are they?

·
Registered
203 Posts
seems expensive to me also. plus, no plug info. just my .02, but i HATE pre-cut wires. does anyone route their wires the way they came from the factory? i doubt it cause there was a tsb on wire routing, and kits usually have one wire that is stretched tight.

on the other hand, accel makes good wires - never tried their spiral core wires, but i like my spiral wound MSD wires.

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
copper core plugs are a mid line heat range, best for our trucks, i just dont buy into the v-groove or split fire ideas. i'd try it if i needed a tune up!

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
copper/brass caps and rotors wear faster, but put out a more efficient spark. that kit is probly salty for the wires. a little high $.

·
Registered
203 Posts
i just dont buy into the v-groove or split fire ideas.
the plugs with the different electrodes are ok, the only real benefit that i see with them are that they are just as efficient no matter what orientation they end up in after you tighten them down - there is no need to index your plugs.

·
wickedquick
345 Posts
I got the kit. I felt it was a good buy. But I guess I didnt feel a huge difference. I ran the E3 Diamond Fire plugs instead of their accel ones. All the pre-cut wires fit great for my 5.9. I reccomend it, then again maybe I lost power and I didnt know. I know my GPM never went up.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'd try a high performance coil to go with this kit. I think it made a difference on my truck when I put accel's coil on it. The puny looking, stock coil with 90,000 miles on it just had to go.

If not, if you run a stock coil, with that many miles, you'll possibly be on the side of the road someday- that's not good.

·
wickedquick
345 Posts
Wich coil would you recomend? If I remeber correctly I think there is really only one option avail. for our trucks

·
Registered
203 Posts
Wich coil would you recomend? If I remeber correctly I think there is really only one option avail. for our trucks
there are quite a few options. summit has a few. that's where i got mine, but anything with +/- terminals and a male terminal will work. just pick the voltage.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Accel makes the coil for mine. If you get an accel coil- make sure to get the wiring harness/adapter that goes with it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Summit set looks like a good deal, might just have to go that route.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
got about 5,000 miles on the set so far and the truck runs like a champ with a small power increase and even a tad bit better MPG due to the better spark i presume. id recommend them:tup:

·
Registered
211 Posts
I got the kit. I felt it was a good buy. But I guess I didnt feel a huge difference. I ran the E3 Diamond Fire plugs instead of their accel ones. All the pre-cut wires fit great for my 5.9. I reccomend it, then again maybe I lost power and I didnt know. I know my GPM never went up.
Atleast I'm not the only one that thinks his trucks drinks gallons per mile instead of getting miles to gallon! HAHAHAHA

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Do not buy the Accel OEM replacement coil for our rams! It's junk! It lasted 4 years and left me stranded. I felt like sending it back and telling them about it. Other than the coil i like accel products.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.