DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My accessory wire on my truck is staying hot when i shut my truck off, it reads about 10 volts, its causing my cdplayer to stay on after i shut the truck off. I have allready replaced the ignition switch, and no success. I noticed that when i pull my turn signal fuse, that the voltage drops off. But when you unplug the multiunit from the steering column, the voltage stays, everything works fine in my truck other then this, hasn't caused any other problems. Has anyone else had this problem or ever heard of anything like this?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Have you added anything to the truck? If someone recently added an alarm system, they could have added a relay to power your accessory wire while engine runs and connected it wrong. Or if nothing was done to your truck and this has just occured, then a bad relay in your engine compartment fusebox could be the culprit.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing has been done to my truck, and i have checked every relay in the truck, pulled everyone 1 at a time with the voltmeter connected to the acc, also, after doing some more testing it seems that the voltage is back tracking through the hazard turn signal wire into the cab fusebox, although unplugging the multiunit doesn't kill the voltage, i hate wiring problems.

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
you could have a CTM prob

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CTM? Clarify please? And tell me its not expensive.

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
central timer module. About $200 from dealer. Controls most of the lights and electronics in the Durango and Dak.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now if this was causing the problem, would everything still work good, my headlights still time off right, interior lights still dim out etc.

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
hard to say. The CTM can cause many problems. When my CTM went, the hi beam indicator would stay illuminated whether or not the hi beams were on. Every CTM problem I have seen exhibited a different problem than the next.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.