DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have an idea or know what is wrong with my ac it comes on but does not blow hard on high and blows real low and it whistles when it is on. does anyone know anything about it? please let me know you can email me at [email protected]
thanks

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
does anyone have an idea or know what is wrong with my ac it comes on but does not blow hard on high and blows real low and it whistles when it is on. does anyone know anything about it? please let me know you can email me at [email protected]
thanks
Welcome to DT!

:D

Two things come to mind - the fan and the blend door.

I am always having problems with trash getting sucked into my blower fan. The only good thing about it is the fan can be removed real easy. The fan motor is located under the glove box. There are three Phillips head and one torx head screws that need to be loosen or removed. The Phillips heads hold the fan motor in place and the torx screw secures a rap-around wire holder. The hardest part is disconnecting the wiring harness from the fan. It not a must but it makes removing the fan easier because the fan will not be hanging by the wiring harness. Once the fan motor is removed, you can check it for trash, leaves, or whatever might have gone sucked into the fan. If that’s the problem, you just give everything a good wipe down and reinstall it.

You did say if you had tried changing the air flow setting from the dash to the floor or windshield. You also didn’t say anything about the recirculate setting. If you get good air flow at the floor or window but very little at the dash, you could have a bad blend door. It’s a common problem on the Dodge truck and if you’ll type in Blend Door in the search, you see where a few DT members have put together a thread that shows you how to fix the problem short of take the truck to the dealer. If you get under the dash with a small flashlight, you can look inside the tunnel just past the fan and you can see the blend door. It should be flat against one of the opening but if the hinge is broken, it could be jammed in the hole. That would be why you’re not getting any air from the fan.

I do hope it just some junk in the fan and it’s an easy fix.

:dtrocks:

Attachments

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
The exact same thing happened to me the other day. It is going to be your recirculation door. very easy fix. Take the 3 bolts holding your blower motor out and pull it down. then reach up in the hole and you will feel something laying across the hole. well thats your recirculation door that fell down across the blower motor. just manuver it so you can pull it out through the opening. Yes it will fit out there. this should be whats wrong with it. i had the EXACT same thing happen to me as well as many others on here. the only thing that recirc door does is let you use the recirc options on the fan directions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.