DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, got in my 07 ram 1500 4x4 today, and the AC wasn't working. On recirc (in cab air) there is absolutely no airflow. When I switch to outside air, I get a very minimal flow, and it is being cooled. But even at full blast, barely any air comes out. Seems like a fan issue maybe, the only time the ac works at all is when i am doing over 30 mph. any thoughts

·
Site Administrator
22,963 Posts
It is 116 today in Arizona. what are you needing A/C for?

Welcome to the site. I am sure you are just looking for the answer to your question. If you want, search "BLEND DOOR" on this site. You'll have enough reading to answer any and all questions. If your truck is under warranty. Take it in!

·
War Eagle!
2,005 Posts
try this....when the truck is on and the air wont blow look under your glove box and you will feel a cold metal case like thing. hit that (like with your fist) a few time and see if the air starts blowing out again like normal. if it does, its your blower motor under the dash (which is why you hit it lol). my truck was doing the exact same thing last week and while on the phone the service tech asked me to try that and it worked so its now in the shop getting the blower motor replaced

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool thanks, i will give it a shot. also, do you know any good dodge 4x4 clubs here. wanna go romping

·
Registered
75 Posts
Same thing just happened to my 2004 yesterday.
Of course it had to happen while we were making a family road trip in Arizona.
Well, At least it was only a little over 100 degrees :ugh
I removed the blower and sure enough I found the door laying on top of the blower hole, nearly completely cutting off the air supply to the blower.
So like everyone else I pulled out the door and broken pieces. And was just about ready to reinstall the blower...

But then I had a thought...:IDEA:
I always use recirculation since the AC is always allot colder in recirculation mode, instead of pulling in HOT outside air.
(outside air in AZ = 100+ degrees)

I put the door back in, attached in the up position (shutting off the outside air supply) using dabs of silicone in several spots.
Held in place with some duct tape to cure overnight. (Note: unplug glovebox light, so it doesnt stay on all night)
This morning I removed the tape, cleaned and reinstalled the blower, and gave it a try, everything works great.
Basically semi permanently putting it always in recirculation mode regardless of the control knob.
(I say "semi permanently" because I could always pull the door back out if I wanted to)

Time = 15 minutes labor (and allowed to sit overnight for silicone to cure)
Cost = ZERO $
Never having to mess with this again = PRICELESS
:rck:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.