DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
It sounds like either you have a vacuum leak or the blend door is stuck. You can see the blend door actuator motor directly above where the passengers left foot would be. you still need to pull the airbox about 3-4 inches away from the firewall to remove it and test it. Otherwise, locate the vacuum line in the engine compartment that passes thru the firewall directly next to evap core inlet line. disconnect it at the check valve and apply vacuum from a pump and listen in the truck for leaks. the reason you do this is because the noise from the engine will muffle a small vacuum leak. remember if you ever take the blend door actuator off you must center the temp dial on the dash with the key in the forward position and move the blend door to the center position by hand before you reinstall it or it wont work correctly The main bolts are behind the left and right kick panels, 5-6 screws below the windshield, airbag module assembly on the transmission hump, instrument cluster has to be removed, steering column has to be dropped (be carefull with the gearshift selector wire its fragile) the radio, remove the computer from the firewall and the 4-5 nuts on the firewall (check the manual), remove the a/c lines at the firewall and the accumulator mount, and a multitude of screws beneath the dash panel trim and all the vacuum lines and electrical connectors. yeah, its a lot of work so its best to have a bunch of small jars to label the screws general locations. disconnect the battery also. good luck!
pm me with your email if you need the pdf files for the job.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The dash is out and back in.

All went well. I did take the shifter lose from the trans and I disconnected the steering shaft in the engine compartment so the column would drop lower. This let the dash hang lose and give more room to work. The problem ended up being a plugged evaporator core. Lot of work, go slow and don’t force any thing or you will break it.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.