DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! This is a heads up for anyone who has recently had or does develop this problem. I have a 1999 1500 4x4 with a 5 speed. One day last week, out of the blue, my ABS and parking brake light came and wouldn't go off. The parking brake was not on. Driving, I noticed that I lost my speedometer and the odometer. Going into 2nd gear slowing down for the stoplights, it quit, everytime. Turns out it was a sensor on the rear differential that goes to the Rear wheel antilock brakes, that also controls speed. I don't know if the automatics have one there or not, but I do know they have one in the transmission that has nothing to do with the ABS. It is a dealer only part and there are 2 different ones for 1999 depending on your VIN. Costs around $40.00. I put it on the truck the same day I got the part and it fixed everything. I hope that this can help someone else. :gr_patrio

·
Registered
20 Posts
Dido guys..my 99 Dakota standard 5-speed showed the same trouble last week. Started it up to leave work and bingo..ABS and brake light in the dash were lit. And the speedo did not work under 25mph. $35.00 or so from the dealer to buy the sensor for the rear axel and 20min later all solved :eek:)

·
Registered
137 Posts
mine is doing that know, but my speedo still works :huh:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.