DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '04 4x4 1500 Quadcab Laramie w/ 5.7 with just under 80K on the odometer. This morning, the ABS pump kicked on and continued running until I pulled the ABS pump fuse. The Brake and ABS lights are on, and the speedometer still registers correctly. I broke out my code reader this afternoon, but no codes were found. I pulled the plugs on the top of the pump assembly to check for corrosion/water intrusion; all normal. I think I'm going to start by swapping out the rear speed sensor and see if that solves the problem. Any thoughts on cause/solution?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
see if your cruise control works.. if it doesn't then your front wheel sensor on the driver side would be bad. There are two front wheel sensors, one on each wheel

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
With your area, you may just have some snow, ice, or road grime covering the head of the sensor. It's just a thought; my truck doesn't have the front ABS. I know it's still a little early for that type of stuff but it was a random thought.

:dunno:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Needs an abs module. No way around it. Your not going to see any codes on a cheap code reader. Those only read engine dtc's. And besides that, a scanner won't communicate with the abs module with the fuses removed. The speed sensors are NOT bad. Even if they were, the pump wouldn't run when your foots off the brake pedal.....

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
check your grounds for the abs unit as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.