DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my truck sitting a couple weeks,started it up and drove it a little. Noticed the parking brake light and ABS light stayed on for no reason. Looked at my speed and it was out at the same time. Anyone ever had that problem? What can I do to fix it with out going to the dealer? Maybe sensor's that control all three out? If someone has knowledge please let me know.

RG :gr_patrio

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
There is a sensor, I believe on the top of you rear axle that is part of the speedo, and makes your parking brake/abs light come on if its bad. Its pretty easy to replace. Heres the part number from Dodge in case you decide to buy it. Its call a wheel speed sensor P/N 56028187AE

·
Registered
253 Posts
tctwg said:
There is a sensor, I believe on the top of you rear axle that is part of the speedo, and makes your parking brake/abs light come on if its bad. Its pretty easy to replace. Heres the part number from Dodge in case you decide to buy it. Its call a wheel speed sensor P/N 56028187AE

Right on.....Had an exhaust pipe hit mine and killed it....same issues....replaced sensor and all was well

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
Mine has done the same thing; it because the battery was a little too low when you started the engine. After you drive it around a-bit, it will recharge the battery and the lights will go out after you have made three or four starts-n-stops. The longest it has ever taken for me was about three hours of running errands.

:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.