DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got in my truck (99 QC 4WD 5.9L) and the ABS and the emergency break light will not go out. It drives fine but both lights are on constantly now. Any ideas what might be causing this and what to do to fix it short of removing the bulbs.
Thanks for the help.

· jammn247
11 Posts
I had a similar problem w/ my truck about a year ago. Chances are that the rear wheel ABS sensor has went bad. Part should be about $40 or so at the dealership, only has one bolt in it and takes about 10 min to swap out. There are several post on here about this same issuse.

· D'OH!!
182 Posts
You may also want to check the fluid in your master cylinder. That is usually what causes the "brake" light to come on. Mine was like that a few weeks ago, I added some brake fluid, and it went away and hasn't come back on.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. I ran accross the other messages on this fourm yesterday and I'll stop by the dealership today and pick one up. I've also noticed that I have no speedo under 30 MPH now. Once I pass 30, the speedo jumps up to reflect the current MPH. Hope this part works out!
Again, thanks to all who helped!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.