DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 99 conversion van with only 26k seems to have a problem. The ABS and Brake light came on but everything seems to be fine. Any suggestions on possible fix? Thanks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
small piece of electrical tape stategically placed over the abs light to eliminate glare at night

·
vanner
519 Posts
Mine comes on once in a while too, as a matter of fact it came on last week on a trip to Boston, each time I remove the rear sensor, clean it, reinstall, and its good for another year or so.

·
vanner
519 Posts
I change my fluid about every 10-15k, last time was done this past spring, only about 5k miles ago.

·
'98 B2500 Ram Cargo Van
680 Posts
DANVAN -

Interesting. When you clean it, is there some sort of debris or forien material on it? Seems like it should stay pretty clean. Just curious.

You know, one thing which crossed my mind - there is a specified distance or gap between the sensor and the exciter ring (mounted on the ring gear). I wonder if the vehicles which have problems were assembled with a loose tollerance here. Might be worth while next time the rear diff cover is off to try to verify that the gap is in spec, if there is enough room to measure it. My '98 manual lists the correct gap as .005" - .050".

Pete

·
vanner
519 Posts
The 1st 3 times there was some amount of small metal buildup on it, from normal wear, this past weekend when I pulled it it was perfectly clean.

Im not sure if its a sensor problem or not this time, it was on for an hour and a half ride to Boston, all the way, even when I pulled over 2 times to shut the engine and restart it, then all the way home, after being there for 2 hours it didnt come on at all. I wont be driving it much now that winter is coming but I wanted to at least pull it and check it while it was on my mind the other day.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone. I pulled the sensor and cleaned it but that didn't help. Checked with all the parts stores but it seems that it's factory or nothing. Got the part today and put it in and everything works great.

·
vanner
519 Posts
Try disconnecting the battery, it may clear the code, if it comes back on, then pursue it some more.

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
Glad you got it fixed! Keep that Ram VAN going! :)

·
vanner
519 Posts
Oh, I guess I didnt finish reading your sentence completely, didnt see you bought it, glad it fixed it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.