DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i AM SURE THIS HAS COME UP PREVIOUSLY BUT, I AM NEW SO BARE WITH ME. I HAVE A 1999 DODGE RAM 1500 4X4 60,000 MILES AND THE ABS LIGHT AND BRAKE LIGHT JUST CAME ON. OBVIOUSLY THE ABS BRAKING SYSTEM IS NOT GOING TO WORK. MY QUESTION IS WHAT CAN I DO TO RESOLVE THIS? IS THERE A ABS MODULE TO BE REPLACED FROM THE FACTORY (HOW MUCH IS THIS GOING TO COST ME???? ANYBODY WITH KINDA PROBLEM.
THANKS!!!! :help: :help: :gr_patrio

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
This happened to me and a lot of other people on here. Most of the time it was the sensor or wiring on the rear axle. I hit my sensor and moved all the wires around a couple of times, then cleaned them and the warning lights eventually went out.
Most likely you will have to replace the sensor. Pull the sensor out and test it first. If it's OK, then test to see if its getting a singal too or from the computer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My ABS and Air Bag light comes on almost everyother time I start my Ram. I just give my dash a good smack and it seems to do the trick.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got your solution

Mine just did the same thing . Wifes dad is a Chrysler tech ... Scan tool said intermitent signal fron the vss ( vehicle speed sensor ) $40 dealer part did the fix ...... its in the back on top of the pumpkin .

Hope this helps

·
Registered
8 Posts
Don't be alarmed. This just happened to me last week (same kind of truck too). Ended up being the ABS sensor on top of the rear differential was the culprit. New part from Dodge was $42.47 and took me all of 10 minutes to replace it. I also had no speedo till about 30MPH and then the needle would jump to the current speed. The sensor cured all the problems instantly.
Good luck!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.