Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:SPIN:1997 magnam 1500 4x4.

I recently purchased this truck and the ABS Light & the Brake Light stay on. Also the speedometer is 10mph fast when traveling 45mph and seems to get faster as you speed up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I've heard that the speed sensor on the rear differential causes problems. Could it be causing any of this??

·
Registered
803 Posts
the speed sensor on the rear axle usually causes the two lights you are talking about. Very easy fix the part is about $40-50 at any local auto parts store. It is just one bolt and one electrical connection. Reset your computer after replacing by disconnecting your negative battery for 5-10 mins.

After that then I would say check out your speedo again if there is a problem check to see if your tires match what is put on your driver side door. If the sizes do not match most likely the tires were upgraded on size and the computer was never reprogrammed. That can have a big change sometimes. My stock size was P225/75R16 and I changed to P285/75R16 and reprogrammed. The local Dodge dealer can do so at a cost (not sure what sorry).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.