DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My abs light comes on when you start the van and goes out like normal. The brakes work great except on gravel. Both front wheels slide only one at a time, until you take your foot off the brakes. Like the older cars without ABS brakes. The history of the van. Had it fot 10 years, seem to have the probem after replacing all the brake lines. Replaced the front brake pads, front calipers and front front brake hoses. All my brake lines were replaced because they were all rusted and leaking. Is a Dodge dealer the only way to fix this? I hear they can adjust the ABS hydraulic pump and /or computer. I need more info about this.

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
2 Posts
My abs light comes on when you start the van and goes out like normal. The brakes work great except on gravel. Both front wheels slide only one at a time, until you take your foot off the brakes. Like the older cars without ABS brakes. The history of the van. Had it fot 10 years, seem to have the probem after replacing all the brake lines. Replaced the front brake pads, front calipers and front front brake hoses. All my brake lines were replaced because they were all rusted and leaking. Is a Dodge dealer the only way to fix this? I hear they can adjust the ABS hydraulic pump and /or computer. I need more info about this.

Thanks for any help

Check recalls on your van. There is a recall for defective orings on the abs pressure tank piston. In canada it was cancelled in 2012 but with a bit of pressure, FCA Canada completed the recall on my '92 grand caravan last fall.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts