DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Rollin On 4:56's
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I the next few months I will be doing a fabtech 6 lift, and most likely 36x14.50 rubbers. I have the factory 20" flower petals(thats what wifey calls them) and I want opinions on whether to keep my stockers and choose a tire for that rim ,or get new wheels and drop to an 18 or 17. In all your opinions, do you guys like more rubber or less? I kinda go both ways on this. I do like the stock wheels, but they also feel a bit unmanly to me. My hemi is strictly pavement(guess you can call my truck "cleopatra" :D ).I will be selling my tires(33x12.50x20 toyo mt's). They are 1yr old and have 90% tread left. Opinions, sarcasm, and jokes are welcome ;) .

Attachments

· Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,357 Posts
More rubber?!?! that could be taken a different way...

· Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,357 Posts
I think it will look awesome man me and a couple members just did a lift for a local member except his is a body lift and and spacers up front but it looks awesome

· You've been Hijacked
15,407 Posts
are there any rubbing concerns with the stock wheels with 5.25" backspacing and a 14.5" wide tire not to mention the 36" height?

1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
quietpeen said:
are there any rubbing concerns with the stock wheels with 5.25" backspacing and a 14.5" wide tire not to mention the 36" height?
well, thats one of the things i'm trying to ascertain. i will add a 2" body if needed. then again, some guys in here are running 37's with just a 6" i believe, but not sure. is that what my stockers are with bs, 5.25?

· You've been Hijacked
15,407 Posts
yes the b.s. is 5.25". I know of another member that was running 35's on the stock 20's with only the torsion bars cranked and he had to use a 1/4" spacer on the front wheels. If you do get different wheels it seems the popular b.s. is 4.5".

Next my opinion on more rubber or not. I think 36" tires on 20" wheels looks good. If you were an off-roader, for obvious reasons 17" wheels would work better.

· Registered
1,628 Posts
I vote new rims with more rubber. And for God's sake go get Cleo muddy after you get it done!!!! LOL J/K It's your truck, use it the way you want.

· Registered
1,302 Posts
I'd drop to a smaller rim. Good luck on the lift, can't wait to see how it turns out

1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MegaCabMan said:
I vote new rims with more rubber. And for God's sake go get Cleo muddy after you get it done!!!! LOL J/K It's your truck, use it the way you want.
Muddy??? she will surely get stuck, which will qualify me to be in a picture of ooooooooooooooooop's in 4wheel&offroad mag. wouldn't want to give a laugh to the yotas,furds&chebbys.

· Registered
167 Posts
The truck looks good. I would drop to a 17 though.. Thats one thing thing i regret doing on mine. More rubber looks better imo

· Registered
2,393 Posts
you will be tight on the fit with 36x14.5 with only a fabtech lift..... that being said you can not run your factory wheels and anaftermarket tire on the fabtech lift the back of the wheel will hit the spindle. so you have to get aftermarket wheels or a really large wheel spacer not recommended just putting it out there. now you can run your stock size tires and factory wheel with the fabtech but the wider tire will cause it to rub the spindle you need at least 4.6 backspacing on the fabtech kit and 5.0 on the cst kit

1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just made a call and found out that i can get the fabtech 6 perf crossmember system for $1176 w/free ship from autoanything. is that a decent deal?

· 2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,645 Posts
i would buy the tires...well not me but my father in law...everywhere local wants $400 a tire for 33x12.50x20...i dont think so...how much and how soon?

· Registered
2,393 Posts
great deal for the lift look at the mb wheels they have good deals also you can find them at discount tire .com

1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
rb513 said:
i would buy the tires...well not me but my father in law...everywhere local wants $400 a tire for 33x12.50x20...i dont think so...how much and how soon?
I figure in about a month or maybe slightly longer because I need to get it straight with what exactly i'm going for. I like the 36's, but seems like it may be a real issue trying to go wider so maybe I will stick to a 35 in a 12.5 or 13.5. When I brought these tires in July/05, I paid $327 a tire. Like I said earlier, theres a minimum of 85% tread, but i'm sure it's more like 90%. So when I put them up, they will be listed at $1000 for four.

· Registered
627 Posts
If it's not going off road I'd vote for 35's on 20" rims. I went with Discount Tire for Rims and Tires because I wanted someone local to deal with for Warranty issues. I got the Pro-comps w/ a 40k treadlife Warranty and also purchased their repair/replace certificates. Discount stated that they would not be undersold and price matched me with a buy 3 get one free coupon I found from an online dealer. I also get free lifetime balance/rotation which is nice since I'll be doing it every 3k.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.