DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· 03ramqc5.9
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told by the dealer that they do not sell the pieces for the accent kit seperately. I am replacing my front bumper due to damage and was thinking about putting the front air dam/valance (the painted piece under the bumper that covers the original plastic piece). Any body know if this is true? I asked him what somebody would do if one of the pieces of their accent kit got damaged and he said they would have to buy a whole new kit!!!!! ridiculous.

· Infinite Lives
6,428 Posts
One Word.........ebay!

· 03ramqc5.9
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried ebay, didn't find any.

· Registered
22,981 Posts
Just do a search online. There are quite a few dealerships and part places that sell the factory airdam/lip for good prices. Often cheaper than your local dealer, I have the part # for it somewhere, but I would have to look for it.

KB

· Registered
4,186 Posts
One of our sponsors, Mopar Parts Center, has the parts available. I think I can remember seeing them seperate while browsing their site. Good luck.

· Jeep Driver
34,848 Posts
The Air Dam is a separate piece, except I believe on Sport models. The dealer should stock that item as it is not unusual for people to need to replace them.

· Registered
848 Posts
Combsy said:
I was told by the dealer that they do not sell the pieces for the accent kit seperately. I am replacing my front bumper due to damage and was thinking about putting the front air dam/valance (the painted piece under the bumper that covers the original plastic piece). Any body know if this is true? I asked him what somebody would do if one of the pieces of their accent kit got damaged and he said they would have to buy a whole new kit!!!!! ridiculous.
I believe that was the case when they first became available. Basically you had to bring the dealer your broken one in order for the dealer to be allowed to sell you one. Of course, depending on your relationship with your parts manager this could often be overlooked. ;)

The list price at the dealership for that piece is $420 unpainted. If I recall correctly, dealer cost is $350.

You can find them on ebay from time to time, but it's extremely rare. When they do go on ebay, and if the seller puts in the right search words, they'll go for high dollar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.