DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was woken up this morning by a phone call nobody likes to get......my wife was on her way home from work early this morning after her nightshift and get caught in some black ice after freezing rain last night.

Good news is she is OK....bad news......the truck is gone.

Fire/Rescue had to cut the roof off to get her out.....along with the rest of the damage I don't think shes a fixer-up anymore!

Only 12,000kms. on the clock and a few thousand bucks in upgrades and add-ons.....this is gonna be a fun week with insurance.....

Wish me luck! :(

· Registered
1,352 Posts
SORRY DUDE. gota wach weather man, been there done that, lived in new ingland a while.

· Registered
9 Posts
Hey im sorry to hear that, hope everything works out ok for you.

· Registered
137 Posts
On the bright side, now is a real good time to buy new, new cars and trucks are not moving well and good deals can be gotten.

· Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,357 Posts
At least ur wife is okay man the truck can be replaced...

· Registered
22,981 Posts
As long as wifey was okay, thats all that matters! But I wish you luck dealing with the aftermath.

KB

· September 2007 ROTM
1,338 Posts
KB112 said:
As long as wifey was okay, thats all that matters! But I wish you luck dealing with the aftermath.

KB
X2 -- Good luck bro!

· Project Kenpachi '07-
530 Posts
Good thing she's okay, right?

Just imagine if she was driving a Prius or something smaller?

· RamYouOver1500
601 Posts
wow that sucks, glad you wife is ok. bigger better truck

· All Around Great Guy
12,739 Posts
You can't put a price on a life... The dodge held up well. Say a prayer tonight

· Registered
2,707 Posts
Glad your wifes safe..............but lota deals going on out there... hope ins pays what it should and not what it wants to.... dont take first deal if it a low ball on $$$$$....

· Registered
298 Posts
Im glad the wife is ok.I hope everything goes well for the both of you.

· Registered
3,489 Posts
stuff is bound to happen... The truck did what it was supposed to do... because of it your wife is alive! i would take a piece of it and put it on your new upcoming truck.

· Registered
221 Posts
Glad to hear your wife is ok, that's the most important thing. Sorry to hear about the Ram but like has been said, there's plenty out there one you get your insurance straightened out.

· Milo
1,430 Posts
Same here, glad the wife's okay my son had a Black 2001 hit some black ice last year end for end total loss but he walked away with a little cut. It was a total loss the Insurance company was great. It will work out bigstick17.

· You've been Hijacked
15,407 Posts
Glad you wife is ok. Like everybody said that is the most important thing.

Insurance wise, if they are giving you hassles on paying off the truck....see if you can take some of the mods off to make up the difference. If they are salvageable of course

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for all the replies!

Ya...she is fine...a little sore right now tho!

I have full replacement cost on the truck thru insurance....well worth the $20.00 extra! A lot of the chrome and accessories were thru Dodge and in the final total of the truck....my aftermarket stuff is CAI, exhaust, power wire and scoop, sray-in liner/tonnau cover, stereo etc.

I am heading to the impound yard right now with tools in hand to see what is salvagable....and I got my camera for what isn't too!

I asked her if she wanted to look for something different (all wheel drive SUV or similar)....she said no damn way! She said if the Dodge hellped her walk away from that she wants a new one!

· Registered
476 Posts
Smart wife you have there. She is well aware that a lesser vehicle could have caused a different outcome that was not in her favor.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.