·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
I was really hoping to see something go in too. :(

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry to disappoint you all, but I just thought hmmmm, I would never want to try that on my truck.... I will make it up to you all..... lol....

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
You gonna take your intake off and get us that vid we really want? :D

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Bubba_Hemi said:
You gonna take your intake off and get us that vid we really want? :D
ooooooo that sounds cool just make sure you do it with a friends ford ;)

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
I was waiting for it to explode and take out the camera :D

·
Registered
257 Posts
hmm, yes i was anticipating a finger being lossed as well

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I watched it happen once. In front of me. I was about 6 or 7 years old. I still remember the sight clearly. My dad was working on a Detroit 8V-92 for a freind of his and had the valve covers off which meant the intake was off to get to the head, I think he was adjusting the jake brakes or valves I'm not sure about which. He told his freind to start it so he could make a few checks and then shut it down. He reached up after shutting the engine down and his hand sat on the turbo and I guess it was surprisingly hot and he jumped and his hand went into the turbo which was still spinning fast enough to lop off the tips of his first three fingers to the same length as his pinky. They were of course long gone and he is still living his life with stubby fingers on his left hand. You won't ever see me start one without the intake on the turbo inlet. I get nervous pulling it off with the engine stopped, I even take the keys out and put them in my pocket.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I'll have to convince my buddy to let me feed his turbo something before we change it out on his '91 Cummins :D

·
Registered
377 Posts
Since the turbo isn't feeding the engine, running it isn't going to hurt anything.

I've actually pulled the filter hose off mine and sprayed brake cleaner in there to clean the turbo vanes. No problems before.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gitchesum said:
Since the turbo isn't feeding the engine, running it isn't going to hurt anything.

I've actually pulled the filter hose off mine and sprayed brake cleaner in there to clean the turbo vanes. No problems before.
Make a video, I want to see that....

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Jimmy TJ said:
I'll have to convince my buddy to let me feed his turbo something before we change it out on his '91 Cummins :D
Just remember whatever you feed it will end up inside the engine :eek:

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
Wow, LOL

·
Registered
697 Posts
When I was at Wyotech, the Diesel instructors used to roll up your homework and feed it into the turbo on the non-cooled Cummins, and Cat engines, if you forgot to re-install the turbo outlet pipe after adjusting the valves. Fun to watch all the confetti but it sucks to have to do all that work all over again if you are the guy to lose the homework.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.