Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:drivingz:​

I have made my choice and now own something I never thought I would !! I made up my mind, and decided to go with the Atlantic Blue color, and I must say.. I am one of the type that always has buyers remorse, a little bit, just cause I never seem to get a great deal, and everything I seem to buy costs a butt load :) BUT I must say, I've had the truck a week now, and I HAVE NONE, this truck is fugglin' awesome! Power, performance, looks, Dodge CAN NOT EVER create a vehicle that is this great again, the limit has been met :flippy: . I've still have that "first day" smile :D

As for my truck, I selected the SLT not the Laramie I was planning on getting. Cost Vs. Product, SLT was the better deal for me, I can purchase leather at a dodge discount (per our deal) or aftermarket leather shops around town. I am extremely happy, because I did get the black interior, which seemed scarce around here. All in all, I got everything I wanted, except the leather, which I'm ok with.

The Deal - Sticker was 33,278 For any of you out there, that have used or planning on using an "Affiliate Rewards Discount", this is a crock of you know what. I was told that 95% of all Dealers participate in this program, however this is by choice "participating locations" sound familiar ? ;) Any way, dealers tried working there way around me asking for my discount, some even ignoring me asking! So, my last try was Garden Grove Union Dodge, CA.. They too, refused to give me "MY" discount! So after some cool headed conversation I walked out. Being met by the dealer at my car, (Manager was the one to break it to me, that they didn't want to do the deal with the discount), the dealer convinced me "to just try 7,000 down, and lets see the numbers" so I did.. why ? dunno! I get back in, and realized, "wait that still doesn't give me my discount.." and out of the blue the manager agreed to giving me invoice price. I believe he realized I was serious about buying, and with the gas prices, was willing to rid himself of a truck on the lot.

Sticker - 33,278.
Supposed Invoice - 28,747
Rebates - 4,500
New Price - 24,247
Down Payment 7,000

I appreciate all help and opinions you all have given me, and look for more in the future. As soon as I can decide how I want to get pictures up here, I will, and Mods anyone ? :D

·
Registered
562 Posts
Mods. MODS? Dude, you are so screwed throwing out that word on this site. The galleries alone will pick your pockets! :D

Oops, err, what I meant to say was congrats, and welcome. :cool:

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Dont you just love walking out of a dealership and watching the salesman come running to your truck before you leave??? Congrats on the new ride!!

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
Glad to hear that your truck is "fugglin' awesome"...Ram owners generally feel the same way about their pickups too. :cool:

Don't need to tell you, but: enjoy your ride. :gr_patrio

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
...gotta remember that: "fugglin' awesome".

·
RamFever
601 Posts
Congrats on the new truck, and that smile of yours will grow with each mod. Had my truck for almost a year and still can't wipe the smile off of my face. Hope you enjoy yours as much as the rest of us enjoy ours.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
You got a great deal

Different dealerships out in CA I guess

I walked into my dealership sat down and got Invoice minus rebates with out even having to haggle

Deal was over in 5 minutes

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
uncbob said:
You got a great deal

Different dealerships out in CA I guess

I walked into my dealership sat down and got Invoice minus rebates with out even having to haggle

Deal was over in 5 minutes

Sweet.
I fought with my dealer for 4 hours before we could agree on a price.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Congrats on the new truck! We'll all be waiting anxiously for the pics...... :D

·
Registered
385 Posts
Lets see some pics... Atlantic blue you say?
sweeet!!!

·
Bushwacker!
2,787 Posts
pics pics pics?

mike

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Mad Titan said:
Sweet.
I fought with my dealer for 4 hours before we could agree on a price.

No doubt... I spent the better part of two weeks haggling, but it paid off... 04 SLT HEMI with EVERY option (Minus leather) and walked out for 21k...

CONGRATS MAN!!! Welcome to DT! And yes, I have had my rig for over a year and Im Still as giddy as a small school girl every time I fire it up in the morning!

:rck: :rck: :rck: I LOVE MY FUGGL'N RAM!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rck: :rck: :rck:

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
mjfikac said:
Dont you just love walking out of a dealership and watching the salesman come running to your truck before you leave???
Actually, I hate that ... t means the dealer is playing games and the "sleeze factor" is high.

Anyway, sounds like a great deal on a great truck!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Congrats, sounds like a mean machine

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Whats the best way to get pictures up on here ? Digital camera ? Regular camera and scan to cpu ? I will be taking pictures.. and probably adding more and more as I get creative :crazy: So any suggestions ? I have NO clue what a digital camera may cost.. but is that a sensible idea if I will be continuing to add pics ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congrats!!! I'm very jealous. I'm looking to purchase an SLT in SoCal also. I have around $2500 to spend. Your info was helpful. What other dealers did you go to? Did you deal with the Fleet dealers? Regular salesman? Internet? Any other advice/info you have would be appreciated. Congrats again!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sounds like a deal. Maybe I will see you driving it around town (Anaheim)!

I have had mine for three years. I like it more now than the day I bought it!

Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The dealers I had met with were

Union Dodge
9898 TRASK AVE
GARDEN GROVE, CA 92844-2800
Phone: (714) 539-5757

Huntington Beach Dodge
16555 BEACH BOULEVARD
HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA 92647-4882
Phone: (714) 847-5515

Frahm Dodge
1983 HAMNER
NORCO, CA 92860
Phone: (909) 272-3110

I actually purchased from Union Dodge. Basically, if you are interested in the pricing I got, simply LIE. :D Tell them you have affiliate rewards with your company. That will give you a basis to start your negotiation. I DID NOT USE MY AFFILIATE REWARDS discount, they simply gave me invoice price. Which was close enough for me :) In SoCal, we have 4,500 in rebates right now, so I would figure, 4,000 in discounted price, and 4,500 in rebates totallying 8,500, if you want a great deal, target that price.
Ex. 33,000 sticker - pay 24 or 25,000.
There is NO way you shouldn't get this type of discount now, truck sales are declining, don't expect to get some sort of crazy crackhead type deal though (trade for cheeseburgers) but you should expect this price, and be firm, yet be flexable, if you show you're flexible, they will be more willing to negotiate. If you only have 2,500 down, I would go in with the attitude of not having anything down, and during negotiating, you can say 1,000 down, they will come back with 4,000 down, you say 2,000 down but that's it, they will say 3,000 down, then you give 2,500.
If a dealer won't give you this price, then move on to the next.. I did, I took a month, and 4 trips to each dealer, using a new salesman everytime. What I learned was, don't go in, saying this is what I'll pay, and not a cent more.. unless you have great credit! You will have to work with there numbers, and get them to come lower, it's actually not as hard as you think, but you have to walk away a few times. One thing that helps, bring a fist full of cash, I brought blank checks, and showed them to the manager when talking. Let them know you are very serious, and you are willing to purchase right now, as long as most of your needs are met. They see to many ppl that aren't serious about buying right there and then.

By the way, I wouldn't usually offer this info, cause I would rather ppl not get a certain impression of me, but I have a 550 credit rating, and was still able to pull of a terrific deal.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.