DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may not be a big deal with everybody. So i noticed after a few months that my bumper was getting scratched. When you are looking at the bumper you have the black piece that separates the bottom from top. Its called Fascia. (Sorry i dont have pictures... our Camera is broke) Well the bumper flexs and gets scratched on the bumper piece with the movement. Mine is removing my paint a little bit. Its just enough to where i notice it when i wash it. But you know i dont want it to spread. So i ran it by the dealership this morning and they said they are going to cover it under the warranty and also do a "quality report". Telling chrysler they need to change the design. so then it came down to how to stop it from scratching. They couldnt think of anything except for putting a foam pad under it so it rubs on it. They couldnt find any brackets or anything that would hold it, that were broken. SO they suggested the foam pad. I told them not to worry about it, when they paint it i will take the black piece and and put tow hooks there instead. But just to let you know that they will cover it and to check yours out. You will only notice it if you have painted bumpers which im pretty sure its all the sports. Thanks -TJ

·
Registered
253 Posts
I notice this same thing when I removed my mud flaps. I had the molded ones with the ram's head. They rubbed the paint away and I had to touch them up. I was pissed. Makes me wonder what the bottom of the fenders and the bottom of the bed would have been like in a few years.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I just noticed the same issue on my Sport last week when I was applying polish. Do you have pics of the pad or a contact # for your dealer so I can get the right treatment at mine. thanks for the leg work on this too. I had just accepted it and didn't even consider a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
238 Posts
PGHRam said:
I notice this same thing when I removed my mud flaps. I had the molded ones with the ram's head. They rubbed the paint away and I had to touch them up. I was pissed. Makes me wonder what the bottom of the fenders and the bottom of the bed would have been like in a few years.
I don't know if this will work for the bumper but when I installed my mud flaps I ran a bead of clear caulk along the plastic/paint edge. Then I used a wet finger to smooth it down to where you can barely tell its there. My mud flaps don't rub at all.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
for the molded mud flaps you can also put some of the 3m clear tape on the fender where the mud flaps mount. Also recently I read a post where the design of the molded mud flap actually holds water, and if you drill a small drain hole through where it holds the water that helps. Come spring I'm gonna take mine off, drill the hole and put the 3m clear tape

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well they never found a clear way of fixing it. I told them not to worry about it. They still are suppose to call me when they want to do the quality report. They told me they have to take pictures of my truck and another truck on the lot. So whenever i go back, i will ask them what they would do and see whatever dodge says to. I will update. (PS- The guy was surprisenly nice for a warranty guy haha.)-TJ

·
Undercover ninja
287 Posts
My truck didn't have the bottom lip. The lowest point on my truck is the bottom of the front bumper.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I dont think hes talking about the lip, but the black plastic filler piece in the center. My dad has a rumble bee, I believe its the same piece as a sport and it doesnt rub. Maybe some just have fitting issues. Biggest piss off was when somebody in high school kicked in that piece on my st bumper, tool and hour to get it back in place and it never looked the same afterwords.

·
Daytona #8457
773 Posts
Hey, we'd all (us sport guys with the same problem) appreciate your dealership's number so that we can get this done with minimal hassle. What exactly are they gonna do for you? re-paint the whole bumper? I know I'm just about out of warranty, and I really would like to get this done before I run out. I'm piling up a list of things to be done before I run out of freebies. haha.

~Dodge Guy~

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
DodgeGuy524 said:
Hey, we'd all (us sport guys with the same problem) appreciate your dealership's number so that we can get this done with minimal hassle. What exactly are they gonna do for you? re-paint the whole bumper? I know I'm just about out of warranty, and I really would like to get this done before I run out. I'm piling up a list of things to be done before I run out of freebies. haha.

~Dodge Guy~
could someone please take some pics of this? At first I thought he was just talking about newer(06 and up) sport models, but it appears to be happening on older ones too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The dealer i deal with is Rick Hendrick Dodge. There phone number is 1 (843) 763-8400. They are going to paint the bumper, and I told them not to worry about putting the black piece back in, because im just going to put tow hooks in that place because i dont want to thave to keep taking it back. I can ask them what they would if i wanted to put the black piece back in though. Yall need anything else just let me know. THanks -TJ

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Also I will get pictures up tomorrow for everyone to see, so it can be clear what we are talking about so everybody is on the same page. Thanks -TJ

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.