DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

A little darker looking

2K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  allpont 
#1 ·
I just finished the mesh grill install that the powder coater had for 3 stinking weeks. Got the black SXT headlights on Tuesday, installed the same day, in the rain no less :cool:

I think this gives her a whole new look;

See less See more
#2 ·
those sxt lights make it.mind if i ask how much you paid for em. there's a set on ebay but i cant get my self to pay$349

#4 ·
Looks great obiwan! I really like the SXT headlights better on the black car. Nice hood also! I assume that's the one on Group buy here at DT? First I've seen in a good up close pic.

#5 ·
FreeLantz said:
Looks great obiwan! I really like the SXT headlights better on the black car. Nice hood also! I assume that's the one on Group buy here at DT? First I've seen in a good up close pic.
It is from the group buy here. I bought the car on a Friday, saw the posting for the last day to get in on that Monday and called RK. The paint and prep was more than the hood but, I understand that is pretty common.

The black headlights should have been standard on the dark cars and the chromes on the lighter hued cars.

#11 ·
Good call on the powder coating Obi. Looks totally hot. I'm kickin' around the idea of painting or powder coating my grille and headlight bezels Inferno Red, but I don't think I have the kahonies to do it. I might stay put for now.

#13 ·
Just waitin' for my grill so I can black it out as well. Great rides and applause to all on the fine upgrades!!

Attachments

#15 ·
grill painting

butweet,paint the grills so i could see what it looks like.my buddy's got powder coating shop he say's he most likely can match the inferno red,but im not sure how my grills will look.

#16 ·
P-COATING is what my business is ! If you guys have any questions, let me know ! We are a supplier to DC, Cadillac, Bently...There is NO color matching. Powder colors and liquid colors are in seperate worlds. I have an Inferno Red RT...The closest match would be Translucent Red, which needs a reflective base (Chrome, Polished Aluminum, etc) to be totally effective. There is NO blending of powders either.

3 weeks is a long time for a small job obiwan...3 days in our shop ! Plus I could have saved you $25.

#17 ·
allpont - trying to find a shop to do coating is the trouble, not too many around. When I dropped the grill off, they had just received a large order for the freeway call boxes and some cross member on some car so, they were pretty booked up.

Where are you located BTW?

#18 ·
SLAPPY said:
butweet,paint the grills so i could see what it looks like.my buddy's got powder coating shop he say's he most likely can match the inferno red,but im not sure how my grills will look.
Sorry Slappy. After much thought, I've decided against the idea. I like some contrast, and feel that I'll lose that, if I red everything out. Besides the contrast issue, I'm not feeling much like dealing with that damn grille again. Know what a mean, Vern.

#20 ·
Just another little "snoot" in the crowd!! BTW, I am setting up another group buy on the hood in the near future. Have it worked with Mo already and will post the announcement sometime over the weekend if all goes well. Plan on hitting some of the other boards this time as well so it should be a real saver to those that buy in. Working on other group buys in the future as well. Stay tuned....................

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.