DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking to increase the size of my tires to the optional 265 70 16. In looking for info I found something that confused me. The window sticker listed the 16x7 rims as original equipment the lists the 16x8 rims as an option with the 25c preferred package. However the sticker on my door says I have the 16x7 rims. Which one is right? If the door sticker is right and the window sticker is wrong did I pay for something I don't have and if that can I go back to the dealer and complain possibly get the 16x8 rims that I want. Any advice would be grealty appreciated.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I know that you can not beleive the door sticker. My 02 quad came with 265-70-16. But the door sticker has 15" listed. The sticker has the correct vin #. But I wonder if any other info on it is relative to my truck.

·
Registered
403 Posts
ScotchtownMedic said:
I've been looking to increase the size of my tires to the optional 265 70 16. In looking for info I found something that confused me. The window sticker listed the 16x7 rims as original equipment the lists the 16x8 rims as an option with the 25c preferred package.
Don't believe the door sticker :
Our focus as the manufacturer is to support our vehicles in their
original configuration only. However, we note that the tire size listed
on the door label is the minimum tire size capable for your vehicle and
for getting the job done. This is required by law to be listed. If
further assistance is required with identifying suitable tires, please
contact your dealer. Our resources are at their disposal.

You say you want to increase to the 265/70r16,if your truck didn't come with them then you'll have the 16X7 and not the 16x8.Depending on the manufacturer a 265/70r16 isn't proper fitment for the 16X7s,a tireshop could tell you what rims you have as they have a "caliper" used when setting the balancer to determine rim width.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.