DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2007 caravan with a 3.8. So with out warning one day I went to go somewheres, the van started, then choked and died. Tried to restart and it cranks, but wouldnt turn over. Yes plenty of fuel and all that. Tried again the following day, cranked then drained my battery so I had it charged and tested and it was good. Left for several weeks waiting for a mechanic friend to look at it. When he showed up, just for giggles I tried to start again and what do you know it fired right up!! He insisted on taking it into his shop and $200 later he could find no ailment. Van ran like a charm for 3-4 days then poof. Same story. Checked air filter, seemed fine, sprayed a touch of Ether into intake, engine starts then again dies. Try once more, start it up with a lil ether, push pedal engine revs giving it more fuel but then still dies....
What gives? Mechanic said probably the Anti-Theft System but it doesnt seem likely. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
696 Posts
"sprayed a touch of Ether into intake, engine starts then again dies" Tells me your getting spark but no fuel. Does it stay running as long as you spray the ether?

Getting some kind of alarm system warning light on the dash? I don't recall what that is on an 07. Maybe a small red light on the right side below the cluster?

·
Registered
477 Posts
May I ask what you mean by "plenty of fuel" ?

Do you mean in the tank? If so, a fuel pressure test may be in order.

Also, not sure where you are but if you have had heavy rains in your area, I always try to determine if I could have gotten water in the tank when issues like this suddenly appear.

I've seen people pay quite a bit for major repairs when all it was was fuel contamination.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts