DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
My coinholder adds 15 HP!
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was sitting inside eating when I heard this loud bang and my alarm went off. I walk outside and see this. :VHOT:

I rent a duplex, so since the landlord owns the tree should his insurance have to pay for the repairs or should my insurance??

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Damn dude! What caused the tree to fall?

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Oh man, what a shame. :( I would think the owner of the property should at least share some of the responsibility for that.

·
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have no idea why the limb fell, it's isn't windy AT ALL!! The limb doesn't even look dried out where it broke off either.

·
Registered
122 Posts
You need to add " Hit by a tree, numerous dents & scratches" to your sig. :thatfunny

Sorry dude, not trying to be mean. It was just too good a setup. :D

I'm not sure, probably everyone will say an act of God and refuse to pay anything would be my bet. If your insurance does not pay, cancel them the next day after you find another policy. Good Luck!

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
lucky8926 said:
I have no idea why the limb fell, it's isn't windy AT ALL!! The limb doesn't even look dried out where it broke off either.
I would talk to the landlord and see what he says. If he isn't helpful, call your insurance company and ask them what you should do.

·
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Selecter said:
You need to add " Hit by a tree, numerous dents & scratches" to your sig. :thatfunny

Sorry dude, not trying to be mean. It was just too good a setup. :D
I have to admit thats pretty good. I'm not as pissed off as you think I would be. I got off pretty lucky that it only did as little damage as it did. I called my landlord and left a message. I'm waiting for him to call me back. He is a really good guy so i'm sure he will work with me on this.

·
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Freelantz, can you move this to the 3G ram general talk, I posted in in here by mistake. Thanks

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
lucky8926 said:
I have to admit thats pretty good. I'm not as pissed off as you think I would be. I got off pretty lucky that it only did as little damage as it did. I called my landlord and left a message. I'm waiting for him to call me back. He is a really good guy so i'm sure he will work with me on this.
Good to hear you aren't blowing steam over this.....there are bigger things to worry over. Hopefully, everything works out for ya. What would be even better, would be you getting a new paint job so you can finally get a better color..... :D

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
lucky8926 said:
Freelantz, can you move this to the 3G ram general talk, I posted in in here by mistake. Thanks
Done :)

·
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TTURedRaider09 said:
What would be even better, would be you getting a new paint job so you can finally get a better color..... :D
Yea I was thinking about having it painted Metallic Graphite but then I found out that color made people spontaniously vomit uncontrollably!! :D

·
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
lucky8926 said:
Yea I was thinking about having it painted Metallic Graphite but then I found out that color made people spontaniously vomit uncontrollably!! :D
I know what you mean....people look and say....I love that color....its SICK!!! :rck:

·
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
TTURedRaider09 said:
I know what you mean....people look and say....I love that color....its SICK!!! :rck:
Good comeback!! :thatfunny

·
Registered
385 Posts
Lucky, I feel for you man. I would go straight to your insurance. Your landlord probably will tell you to pound sand. not sure if insurance will cover the damage tho.

·
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I looked at the damage a little closer and it looks like the dent could be pulled out and the scratches might be able to be buffed out.

·
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
me too!! I would have been real pissed then!!

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,400 Posts
I don't know how it works with different insurance companies (or diff. states), but here's my story.
I have a '97 Mustang (in addition to my Ram of course), and a tree fell on it in '98. Same deal... It was parked, sunny day, no wind. The tree came down on my hood, and most of the driver's side. I had to have the entire driver's side repainted, and the hood replaced. I called my insurance company (State Farm), and the home owner's insurance company (also State Farm). They told me the home owners policy would cover it but the deductable had to be paid (by owner of course), or they could put the claim on my policy. Because my car was parked, they filed it as "parking lot damage", which carries a $0 deductable.
So if your insurance company gives you those options you have a decision to make. You can put a claim on your policy, and have it fixed for free. Or you can put it on the landlord, and maybe split the deductable with them. I put the claim on my policy, but that is the only claim on it. If you have multiple claims you may want to put it on the homeowner, so your rate doesn't go up. Talk it over with the insurance company, and the landlord, to see what works best for you.
Good luck.

PS... you're mean :) , I've only had a hand full of people retch on my Graphite truck. Actually, I used to have a black Ram... Traded it for the Grey. :rck:

·
Registered
584 Posts
that'll buff right out man! ..sorry to hear it, why couldnt the tree limb have fallen on a ford or chevy?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.