DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
My dad's 2000 and previous 2nd gen Dodge always had messed up trannies. That IMO has always been Dodge's Achilles' tendon. There would be no better package than a Cummins hooked to an Allison transmission. I always believed if you love your car, it'll love you, take care of it and it'll take care of you. :eek:

·
Registered
571 Posts
on that note i'll kiss it every night before i go to sleep.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
GoBruins said:
on that note i'll kiss it every night before i go to sleep.
Pervert....stay away from the tailpipes.

KB

·
Registered
571 Posts
KB112 said:
Pervert....stay away from the tailpipes.

KB
sometimes it's really hard to satisfy two tailpipes at once. :help:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm on my third tranny in 3rd gen. dodge and only have 50k miles on my truck, you can't tell my they don't have problems with there trannys. I drive it the same way I drove my ford and chevys i have owned and i never had any problems with them and had alot more miles on them. I'd be willing to bet there's more poeple who have replaced there trannys or had them worked on in there dodges than poeple who haven't

·
Mopar Or No Car!
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
HEMI/03 said:
I'm on my third tranny in 3rd gen. dodge and only have 50k miles on my truck, you can't tell my they don't have problems with there trannys. I drive it the same way I drove my ford and chevys i have owned and i never had any problems with them and had alot more miles on them. I'd be willing to bet there's more poeple who have replaced there trannys or had them worked on in there dodges than poeple who haven't
Well, I guess you got a bad one, but my buddys with their chevys are all on there 2nd and 3rd trannys in their trucks, and I think I would see if many people were having issues with their trans on this forum as I live on this damn website ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
ramman1 sounds like to me you need to get out and drive your truck and quit living on this website and maybe you will have problems too

·
Mopar Or No Car!
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
HEMI/03 said:
ramman1 sounds like to me you need to get out and drive your truck and quit living on this website and maybe you will have problems too
Ya know what pal, it was a figure of speach when I said im on here alot. I drive my truck and work it just like it was built to be worked, so dont tell me I need to drive my truck. This is also not my first Dodge, I have had 3 Rams so far and not one tranny problem. It sounds to me your lame a$$ needs to go buy a stupid Ford or Chevy already since you think all Dodges have something imminently breaking in the future....

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Other than a governor pressure sensor/solenoid in my '01.5 Cummins Ram with it's 47RE transmission, I've not had any transmission problems with my Dodge vehicles. I drive mine for work and use it for towing our 5th wheel. I put a lot of miles on it. I work it hard and expect a lot out of it but I don't abuse it. Maybe that's the difference.

·
Registered
36 Posts
111k and on the original transmission. I'm responsible for 50k of those miles and the maintenance record that came with it reported no problems. It's running strong as the day I bought it last year. While I am thankful for the stellar record, it kind of sucks 'cause the only way I get to upgrade parts are when they break. :VHOT: Oh well, it's a great truck, my 2nd Dodge (1st was a club cab '95 Dakota 5.2l 5-speed on original clutch and 183k miles) and will continue to buy Dodge trucks.

·
Troubleshooter
1,516 Posts
HEMI/03-Just curious, do you do a lot of towing with your truck?

·
Registered
46 Posts
the only thing i've towed is 3500lb camper about 300 miles,i don't baby my truck by any means i drive it pretty hard but i don't abuse it and i change all the fluids when they need, i take very good care of it mechanically it maybe possible that I'm getting junk trannys but i know one thing i won't buy another 1500 dodge, i will either move up to a 2500 cummins with a 6 speed manuel or go back to a ford or chevy.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
What problems have you had that they (Dodge?) would replace the transmission twice? Transmission problems come in all different flavors. One thing's for sure... A Dodge Cummins with a manual transmission will never have an automatic transmission problem. Nothing wrong with a Fraud or Chevy. I understand the new 6.4L PSD makes it past the first oil change before catastrophic engine failure. That's a major improvement over the 6.0h noooo. Chevy? Ah who cares...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Can You Say High Mileage?

My- 97 Ram has 302,000 miles on it. BUT, it's had it's major issues; intake-manifold leaks, weak overdrive, and misc oil leaks which are the most annoying over the years. I just put a new motor in it because it was cheaper than buying a new truck and paying for $3/gal to fill it up. The new motor was my fault, who knows it may have gone to 400k.

The only bad part about owning this truck was trying to find a decent dealer to take it to for service.. I tried over 5 different dealerships.. Now I fix it or the local guy with the small garage does.

Those hemi motors are nice though... it will be tough to hold out until the 09s come out.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.