DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ii have a 05 1500 4x4. I installed a Rancho 4" lift and 35x12.50r17 Dick cepek wheels and tires. I love it. I have been getting a lot of complements on it.

I am in the process of moving and been towing with it. I have the factory 3.92 gears. I quickly realized I need to regear to something lower. From what I have read I need to go straight to 4.56. Which is what I plan on doing when I save up the money after the move. So that's a future mod.

I also noticed that when turning the wheels all the way, the steering does not want to center back. It's not a big deal because most of the time I never lock the steering all the way. Normal driving you never realize it. Is this normal? I have checked the front end thoroughly and see no problems or binding. I want to say it's because the camber changes when turning and the bigger tires cause this but I figured I would ask.

I also have a slight shimmy on the front end only on certain roads and speeds. It not uncontrollable, it just something else I would like to take care of. Is mainly 45mph and the road to work, on the interstate it's smooth like a new truck. Does anyone make a steering stabilizer for a 1500?

I was going to post some pics but work is calling and I'm on call.
Thanks for the site. I have done some searching and found some help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.