DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me what the factory A/F ratio is supposed to be for WOT? Right know with my mods I'm at 12.5, which seems a little fat. This weekend I'm installing a 6.1 cam, and I was wondering what the "safe zone" is.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Nothing wrong with 12.5.
But the 6.1 cam will probably send you down into the 11s.which sucks.
I could not get my a/f above 11.5 after my 6.1 cam install,untill i did headers,and a chip,and am still a littlle rich at 12.2-12.3 at WOT.
Cheers.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I have LT headers and Superchips. I just bought an ARC-1 when I was planning on a 268 cam, but maybe if I need to I can try it on the 6.1. I know guys are having trouble using the ARC-1 with the 268, but the 6.1 may just require slight adjustment, and it may work fine. 11.5 is WAY to fat for my tastes....I'd really like to get into the low 13's. I'm curious if that's within stock parameters.

·
Registered
28,791 Posts
Try to keep it between a 12.8-13.1. Many guys are running this safely and it seems to produce the best power. 12.5 is fine and safe to run, but you are probably short just a few ponies...The cam should take care of that though and lean you out a little.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you ever get your wideband installed? I wonder what your A/F is....

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you want a SRT-10 single pillar have Erik(skaarew) hook you up with his Mopar parts connection....the dudes a deal hound. We had ours the next day for $46ish each including tax.

·
Lovin that CTD!!!!!
345 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
Not yet...I dont have a pillar to mount it in yet, and I dont have the 02 bung welded either.
I have one that I am trying to offload to someone if they want. $35 + shipping. PM me if your are interested. BTW it is a srt-10 pillar

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Yeh 11.5 was throwing codes.
really pissed me off.
As soon as i got headers and chip it got better,but still need to get a bit higher.
I am working on it.

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
04 Silver Bulle said:
I have one that I am trying to offload to someone if they want. $35 + shipping. PM me if your are interested. BTW it is a srt-10 pillar
I'll come up and take it off your hands bro...an even $40.00... remember me from the gtg?

fred

·
ASE approved
8,859 Posts
chefred112 said:
I'll come up and take it off your hands bro...an even $40.00... remember me from the gtg?

fred
come on fred whowould remember you? no just kidding..... anyway what are you going to put in it? do you have a gauge for it?

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...no, I don't have a guage in mind yet...1 option was an air pressure guage for my air assist bags (brian set his up that way)....

·
ASE approved
8,859 Posts
why not get a wide bad a/f gauge? its not like they are expensive or anything (note the sarcasm in my voice)

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
:thatfunny :thatfunny ...lol

·
Registered
28,791 Posts
sawcut64 said:
If you want a SRT-10 single pillar have Erik(skaarew) hook you up with his Mopar parts connection....the dudes a deal hound. We had ours the next day for $46ish each including tax.
I can get one from Art for only $35 shipped and have it next day as well. And I'm gonna need more than 1 gauge, so the srt-10 pillar wont work anyway. Now I am trying to decide between a dual or triple gauge pillar.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Moe's has some good prices on the multiple gauge pillar, what the other gauges going to be....NOS.....boost gauge...hmmmm?

·
Lovin that CTD!!!!!
345 Posts
chefred112 said:

fred
Of course I remeber you, who could forget you!!!! :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny
If you want it its yours. Hit me up and we can meet. I will even meet you half way. It is just sitting in my garage collecting dust. BTW I will be getting rid of a narrow-band A/F gauge, and diff temp gauges (2).

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
When testing the tune in my truck, it fell on its face with anything under 12.0 in the 2nd and 3rd gears.

It really liked 12.4 or so. And that is with the turbo.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.