DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just installed my wideband, and my a/f ratio at wot are in the high 10s and 11s.

my mods are 6.1cam
ps longtubes
y pipe
3kstall
gears
efan
intake
i dont have the superchips anymore... do yall think not have the tuner will do that?

· Had 392.. Now.. LS2 GTO!!
4,349 Posts
superchips will take it from 11 and put it all the way to 13 it pulls away fuel i bet with a superchips it would be fine just keep driving it and wait for a real tuner!
:)

· fuggin EH!!!
1,331 Posts
I know when I ran mine at the track, I was getting low to mid 13 readings with the Superchips 91 setting and low to mid 12 readings with it set to the stock setting.

· Hemi2nV
7,957 Posts
I cant wait to get rid of my superchips

I couldnt get my numbers low enough with the 6.1 injectors with the PSC and the SC 91 tune so i set it to the 87 tune and its alot better now. My AFRs are in the 12s now. But i got a new tune i want to try out.

· Garaged
4,167 Posts
GrimReaper said:
that seems kinda rich :D. is that in all gears? id try an arc-1 .
Have you personally tried to tune a truck with an ARC-1 before? A couple of people here besides myself have and its the biggest P.I.T.A. to tune with. Its pretty much junk IMO. The PSC1 or SMT-6 works much, much, much better and more precise. You couldn't pay me enough to try and tune a truck with an ARC-1 again. Been there, done that and vow to never do it again.

PH

· Garaged
4,167 Posts
utfan4lyf24 said:
i just installed my wideband, and my a/f ratio at wot are in the high 10s and 11s.

my mods are 6.1cam
ps longtubes
y pipe
3kstall
gears
efan
intake
i dont have the superchips anymore... do yall think not have the tuner will do that?
Yeah, if you have a stock flash in your PCM then you will see 11s A/F at WOT. Superchips will lean you out and bump your A/F into the 12s.

PH

· Registered
292 Posts
How long have you had the Superchips off? When I got rid of my Superchips my AFR went way rich like that for a couple of weeks and now it is back to mid high 11's and occasionally low 12's. I think that the PCM has to re-learn after having Superchips on there. Maybe try resetting your PCM if you haven't done that yet. Otherwise just wait till you get your PSC-1 and then you can tune it to whatever is optimal for your set-up

· Hemi2nV
7,957 Posts
383HEMI said:
Yeah, if you have a stock flash in your PCM then you will see 11s A/F at WOT. Superchips will lean you out and bump your A/F into the 12s.

PH
Did you have SC installed to the 91 tune when you ran your 12.7 gadier? What should I have it set to with the 6.1 injectors? It was on the 91 tune and then i changed it to the 87 tune and i thought it got better but i dont think it made it any better. LOL. I would think the 91 tune is essential to lean my truck out with the 6.1 injectors and the PSC. Im going to try that tune you took a pic of next and see where that gets me. Im real close in 1st and 2nd but my AFR in 3rd is still a little rich. Like 11.7 ish then leans out to 12.5

· Registered
3,064 Posts
383HEMI said:
Have you personally tried to tune a truck with an ARC-1 before? A couple of people here besides myself have and its the biggest P.I.T.A. to tune with. Its pretty much junk IMO. The PSC1 or SMT-6 works much, much, much better and more precise. You couldn't pay me enough to try and tune a truck with an ARC-1 again. Been there, done that and vow to never do it again.

PH
The arc-1 will work perfectly with the 6.1 cam,if your only using it to pull fuel at idle,and so will everything else out there.

Theres lots of tuners out there right now,and in my opinion none of them are worth paying for right now,with all the stuff thats coming for our trucks in the next couple of months,it would be a waste of money

the arc-1 is also good for a bit of trouble shooting.
if your running lean at wot,the arc-1 is a simple twist of a dial,to see if you can get it rich enuff to avoid going to 6.1 injectors.

thats why i sent my arc-1 to 1 of the guys in our forums,whos spent so much money trying everything else.
It will tell him in 2 minutes if he can get by with 5.7 injectors.

Is the arc-1 a good tuner,not really,but it does have its uses.

When i get my motor rebuilt by Stu,ill probably have him do a custom tune on it,and bypass the smt6 or psc1 all together.

· Garaged
4,167 Posts
Theres lots of tuners out there right now,and in my opinion none of them are worth paying for right now,with all the stuff thats coming for our trucks in the next couple of months,it would be a waste of money
If you want to drive your truck Today then they are worth it. Better tuning will not be out for a while.

thats why i sent my arc-1 to 1 of the guys in our forums,whos spent so much money trying everything else. It will tell him in 2 minutes if he can get by with 5.7 injectors.
A good tune with the PSC1 (which he had installed not to long ago) would have solved his issue. If not, 6.1 injectors and a PSC1 tune would have done the trick nicely.

Is the arc-1 a good tuner,not really,but it does have its uses
I Agree but the PSC is a much better tool than the arc1 and they practically cost the same.

When i get my motor rebuilt by Stu,ill probably have him do a custom tune on it,and bypass the smt6 or psc1 all together.
I agree with you again. As soon as real tuning options are available, my PSC will go on Ebay. But for now, PSC1 or SMT-6 is our only real option.

All of my words are friendly. I'm not arguing at all, just stating facts from my experiences.

PH

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.