DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
HEMI way or no way
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sawcut and I installed the innovate lc-1 and xd-16 on my truck yesterday. my initial readings are :

- idle A/F = 14.7 - 15.1
- WOT A/F = 12.3 - 12.6

numbers look good....normal driving i fluctuate between 14 - 15 something back and forth......

now the question!

i noticed sometimes my Xd-16 will flash o2 o2 o2 and show readings of 20. x to 1 on the A/F. this is only after a high speed decelleration ( not braking just letting off gas and at a somewhat downhill angle) so i imagine the throttle body is near closed or drastically less open.....IS THIS SAFE?
i have noticed this 3 times since yesterday afternoon....generally when throttle is held steady at say 70 mph....then letting completely off gas...is when (not every time) the xd16 will flash o2 and show readings of 20.x / 1 for the af.....see page 5 and 6 of the attached manual.....it will show you the readout of what it looks like at end of page 5 and beginning of page 6. Sawcut says his does not do that....but we do have the different throttle types (2004 vs 2005)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
It's normal, don't worry about it.

When you are rolling at a certain speed and lift, the pcm will slow down the truck, of course.

At a certain speed over 40, the A/F will read O2 and/or the numbers will be off the wall high into the 20's.

That is because the pcm just about shuts the injectors down and the meter is reading mostly oxygen.

Mine does it all the time and so does a lot of other trucks. You just won't know it unless you have a wideband A/F.

Relax.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I was concerned with it too in the beginning, until I learned.

Not many guys have a wideband in their trucks so they never know it. As you know, a good wideband costs, so most don't get it. For looks and a light show they get narrowband units that are nothing more than a light show.

Its the turbo and sc guys that all see this because we need a wideband for tuning.

My job here is done, LOL!

·
HEMI way or no way
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
job well done! well i am still learning about all this, my expertise lies in 2 stroke jetskis....i do like the lightshow, have not driven at night yet but i imagine is quite a view! thx again

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
I wonder why mine hasn't done it, I guess it may still. I even tried to duplicate what skaarew was doing several times...not that I'm complaining!! :D

·
Lovin that CTD!!!!!
345 Posts
I too see this with my narrow band. When decelling down a hill my led's go back and forth for a bit then fall off to the lean side and I hear the exhaust pop then the truck dramatically slows down. I also took this as the PCM shutting off the fuel. I like it, when I am towing it kinda acts like a exhaust brake....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.