DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I am Sean Connery...
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i was wondering. What are the effects of headers on mpg? I'm looking at the Pacesetters but I wanted to know if they would screw up my mpg. Its enough of a pain to have to fill it up every 10 days or so. I still want something to make the truck more powerful but I want efficient power, not something that compromises economy. I also plan on getting a Superchips and the 6.1L cam but i've heard that even with the Superchips it would give me like.....10mpg. Any ideas guys?

·
Had 392.. Now.. LS2 GTO!!
4,362 Posts
headers might increase just a bit i can get 17-19 depending on the wind going 70 here in MI. i have the pacesetter long tubes with there off road Y pipe. the superchips might raise it 1-1.5 mpg i have that also and i didn't see a change due to :drivingz: all the time

·
MrDestinE
664 Posts
yea, you should gain a little MPG... but you probably wont!! if you are like me it just aggrivates the lead foot syndrome!! :D

TJ

·
I am Sean Connery...
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'm not that bad, just known for the odd burst of "spirited" driving every now and then. I would love more mpg because its killing me to keep being like "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu*k!!! I need gas!" All i need is something to make it last longer, the price isnt a problem its how often it needs to be filled up.

·
Registered
994 Posts
definitely check out an e-fan upgrade for more power and better fuel economy.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Its a side effect of power. If you want economy you get a 4 cylinder yota. If you want power you get a HEMI. Can't have the best of both worlds. Although I will say that the headers and intake and SC did help out allot. Its still not great because I'm laid into half the time but that's what its all about right? The electric fan is a great mod because it free's up power and gives you better gas mileage. :rck:

·
I am Sean Connery...
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how much better mpg does an E-Fan give me and what are the chances of it failing? I dont want to be stranded on the side of the road as I have heard has happened to fellow members of this forum when their e-fans shorted out.

·
I am Sean Connery...
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what mods do you have? is your truck a QC or SC? i would love to find out how to get my Hemi up to 23mpg. Also, what motor are you running?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.