DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· AirFuelEddie
5,458 Posts
Nice 84Ram, a GTS 383 big block A-body! Very nice and very rare. Is it possibly a Mr. Norms Car? Cool Van/trucks a-100's right? All I know about those vehicles is Chuck Pooles's ChuckWagon and Bill Maverick Golden's Hemi powered wheel standers of the sixties and how radical those things were and how cool they looked with that mondo Hemi in the bed!

· Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My father owns the A-100's he has another one that is in the process of being built like the little red wagon. It is tubed and set up for the engine to go in the bed. He isn't planning on running a Hemi he has decided on a wedge although he is unsure on what cubic inch wedge he is gonna run. Next time I a m at the garage I will snap a couple of pics. of it. The big block dart is also a four speed, and no it not a Mr. Norms car although I wish it was, the GSS darts are more rare than the Factory Hemi darts.

· AirFuelEddie
5,458 Posts
How cool is that man! That A-100 will be a "violent beast" with either wedge or Hemi Power they dont weigh a whole lot do they? I love it! Those all look like cool projects and yes more pics will be appreciated.

· Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are really light as they are built on a unibody platform. I will try to get picts. of everything that we are planning on fixing.

· Registered
596 Posts
There's an article in the new Mopar Enthusiast magazine on a restored A-100. Another cool bit about A-100s, according to this article, is that these were the only cab forwards with a V8 option. :cool:

· Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We have never owned a V-8 A-100, all of ours have been sixers. One thing about them that I thought was pretty cool and very functional was that the factory installed a big piece of lead in the very back of them to balance the rear out, even then they were a little front end heavy. The first A-100 we owned was the two tone blue and white truck in the pictures I posted, my father would let me and my brothers drive it in our field and on a couple of occasions my driving was a little crazy and I had the rear of the truck up in the air.

· Registered
36,020 Posts
Does that green A100 need a new home? I will be looking for a new project after the Lil Red is done :)

· Registered
36,020 Posts
RAM MAN said:
those are a couple of cool projects

I'd like to take a sawzall to my 200 Ram Van and make a modern day A100 wheelstander out of it ...
Bring it over. I happen to have an empty stall in the shop and a sawzall :D

· Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
RAM MAN said:
those are a couple of cool projects

I'd like to take a sawzall to my 200 Ram Van and make a modern day A100 wheelstander out of it ...
I have a 84 dodge van and I had thought of cutting the rear portion of the top off. I got it gave to me its a good running van with a 225 six,but it looks like someone has walked on the top. It looks to be a fairly simple job, if I don't change my mind I beleive that when I get a open bay in my garage I will pullit in and start on it.

· Registered
596 Posts
I should imagine it would be more complex than first glance. How are you going to support the body structure? It could rather easily become heavier than originally built, what with all the bracing.

· Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the van has a ribbed structure in it. When the sides of the van get cut off then you cut them off and tie them into cap that you would put around the top of the bed sides. The A-100's are built the same way. The tail gate and the back cab panel would be the complicated thing to fab.

· Registered
25,139 Posts
84 Ram said:
Here are some more of our prodjects.
This is a complete #'s matching 340 car it is rough but complete.
I'll take the Demon off your hands. :D

· Registered
36,020 Posts
A valiant that looks like a Dart is the Canadian version. I had a 65 Valiant and a 66 Valiant convertible.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.