DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything for my 06 5.7 in the 9r13 update? Also I assume that I need to restore my factory tune first, then update my programmer then install the new tune in the truck correct?

·
\m/(-_-)\m/
7,275 Posts
The 9r13 has updates for issues with the 4.7 not the Hemi. So you will get no benefit updating from your 9r12 crom.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, one more question: when did 9r12 come out? On the website it goes from 9r04 to 9r13.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just found out that I have the 9r05 update. So should I update to the 13 now?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I would. You'll gain the throttle sensitivity adjustment (which is pretty sweet) along with some other thing's.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will do, no I just gotta find my power, and usb cables, lol.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Two more questions: I installed my original backup and it said something like restore quick adjust failed, so I went back and checked and my tire height is the same as before so does that just mean that it did not change any of those things while going back to stock?

Also when I looked at last tune written it said 93 perf with quick adjust, shouldn't it say original back up?

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Basically is it safe to update the programmer now?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Sound's like the tune load failed. Try resetting the quick adjust back to it's stock setting. If that goes ok, then go back and reload the original back up. Do Not update the tool until the last tune written say's original back up.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, I believe that is indeed what happened. All is well now, I did notice a slight difference with the throttle booster, and this update has more tranny adjustment too.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Cool, i knew you would like it. Enjoy.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Another question, If I were to update the 93 tune that I am currently running, can I change parameters on the tune and install it without going back to the backup tune?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Yes

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks man

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.