DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know tis is an old question but please humor me.
I emptied the system to do the heater core and now need to refill.
It is a 3500 1999 Dually, I bought a refill kit with the guage and it comes with 3 cans of 134.
In other posts I saw that you should not use more than 2 but does that mean on a totally empty sys?
And does the hose plug in on the connector to the rear of the sys, there is one at the front right as well but the cap on that has an H on telling me that this is the high pres side - right??????????????
the other one has a plug and clip type connector as oppossed to the screw type on the front.
thanks for reading and all help and advise will be appretiated.

·
Registered
75 Posts
You need to find out how much your system holds, before you put anything in. I'm not sure of the volume of these systems. It should be vac'd down first, and you can just put the freon in the low side. The blue hose. On the 134A system it will only connect to the low side port. You can get buy with this if you have an empty system, but you realy should find someone who knows how to do it. If you don't suck the system down you probably will be running the pressure to high. If you have it sucked down you can also check for leakes at this time. This also gets all the condinsation out of the lines. You can buy a vac at harbor freight, you may have to adapt the fittings over though.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Your truck is going to hold at least 2lbs of freon and most cans hold 12oz so you need to put all 3 cans in. There should be a sticker under the hood telling you how much freon the system holds

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.