DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My a/c just stopped working this week. Doesn't blow cold. So I bought a recharge kit (r134 can w/ the attached pressure meter on the hose). I think the low side is the valve directly attached on top of the compressor? I attached to it to first check the pressure (engine turned on & max a/c turned on) , and it reads over 100!

According to the instructions, anything above 65 is 'danger'. It says it's supposed to be in between 25->45. Anyone knows what this means? I've never had the a/c recharged ever, how can the pressure be so high?

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Yeah, when you turn on the A/c you should hear a "click" and the center of the compressor pully should be spinning, when you turn the a/c off, the center of the pully should be still. (This is is an electronically activated clutch that turns the compressor on and off.)

Check to see if that is happening and repost. You may have plenty of charge in the system, but there could be a problem with the clutch engaging-- if so, you'll have to figure out why it's not engaging (could be as simple as an unplugged or broken wire).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.