DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I took my R/T for a litle trip to Kansas City today, about 368 miles round trip. THe weather in the morning was warm, 85ish. I had the A/C set at 70 and as the sun got hotter it seemed the A/C system was not keeping up. So I first turned it down to 66, no help. So then I figured I would just go manual and High...still zippo except a trickle of air. I stopped the car and restarted it..still no good. So I went to my Appt., came back 3 hours later and it all worked fine again....What gives???!!!!!!

Also I seem to have wind noise coming from the driver corner of the sunroof..anyone else have that either??

·
Registered
82 Posts
A/C woes

Just a guess, but when that happened to me (different car), it meant the evaporator "froze up" with the condensing water and stopped the air flow through the system. When you stop for a while (hours) it gives it time to thaw out and drain.
If this is the case, solutions are to have the dealer check the refrigerant level, or drive around with recirculating air vs. flow through (once the moisture is removed, there will be little or no further condensation), or both.
Good luck.

·
Registered
367 Posts
revdoctor said:
Just a guess, but when that happened to me (different car), it meant the evaporator "froze up" with the condensing water and stopped the air flow through the system. When you stop for a while (hours) it gives it time to thaw out and drain.
If this is the case, solutions are to have the dealer check the refrigerant level, or drive around with recirculating air vs. flow through (once the moisture is removed, there will be little or no further condensation), or both.
Good luck.
Also might want to have the dealer check the drain tube for evaporator. Could be plugged with anything from leaves to paper.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.