DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '06 has started having problems directing the airflow to the vents I choose. Example, when I have the knob set to blow from the dash vents, some air comes out but not like normal. If I turn up the blower speed it makes a heck of a racket behind the dash. I'm thinking one of the vent doors is stuck open or closed, or maybe in the middle.

Has anyone else had this problem? I still have warranty but I'd hate to take it in and lose a day or two if it's something simple I can fix myself.

Thanks in advance!

·
OFFICIAL CHEBBY HATER
1,389 Posts
Blend Door actuator! if you take off the blower motor from under the dash you will be able to see it has fallen off. Take it to the dealer and they will have it done by the end of the day, well atleast that was with my case.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Do you think it can be done easily at home? I always have a hard time finding a time to take the truck in.

·
OFFICIAL CHEBBY HATER
1,389 Posts
Not really as you have to remove the Freon and seperate the dash from the cab to replace the door. If its under warranty I would make time to have them do it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I started having the same problem yesterday. I can cycle through everything and the airflow changes a little. However, there's a lot of rushing air noise coming from under the dash on the passenger side. I dropped the glove box and I can feel a lot of suction coming from inside. I'm going to troubleshoot before I take it in. I hope I won't have to. It'll be the first time going to the dealer. My dodge has almost 68k, so the warranty won't cover it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Update. I just called the local dealer. Service guy said it might just be a reprogram ($90) or it could be a bad door ($400). You're lucky to still have a warranty!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.