DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Kenneth Robert
574 Posts
how hard is this to fix? Is there anywhere that will show me how to do this? I am 200 miles out of warranty and the dealership told me it would be around $600 to do..
Man, I would raise hell.

Reading this thread you guys have got to be kidding me?! A common problem in an 06 with a door in the ventilation unit? Thank god I haven't had a something like this because if my truck was only 2 years old and they asked me for $600 it would be the last Dodge I ever owned.

·
FTW65W29
73 Posts
I have an 07 Q-Cab but I believe my issue is not caused by the door. Mine appears to be in the switch or blower relay (if installed). There are times that it will not blow at all no matter what the setting is; A/C, heat or defrost. The other day I had it on high and it was not blowing at all then it gradually started to blow harder. When came up to a red light the volume of air started to decrease then it jumped back up. At times while driving I can here the blower motor slow down and then speed up. Then there are times when it will not come on at all. Not good with the wife and baby on board.

·
Registered
106 Posts
maybe this is whats causing me problems:help:

I've got very cold air (winter air) blowing into the cab from the far righthand corner of my glove box; sometimes the cold air out does the heat.

I cant say whether or not the a/c blew different during the latter part of the summer.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Kudos- broken door on my 06 1500, luckily I was still under warranty, happens a lot apparently

·
^GM Goodwrench Certified^
2,918 Posts
Fellas, its the recirc door, the one that is right above the blower motor, i have done dozens of these in 06-07, the dash has to be pulled back, but the HVAC box can stay in, it has a seperate housing on the top that slides in.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I also have a 2006 like you, had the exact problem as you described. It was a broken flap or door or something. It was fixed under warranty which would have cost $600-700 without it. Good luck.....

Tom

·
Buckeye Big Horn
253 Posts
I also have the cold air in the glove box problem. I have an extended warranty, but I am worried that they will screw up my stereo set up by taking the dash apart. I have dash speakers, XM antenna, separate fuse block, and crossovers all installed throughout my dash. DAMMIT, I wanna fix this but I don't want to tear all that out or have them pinch a wire or something. I could freeze a bottle of water in my glove box.

Can I take the motor out and jerry rig the door flap?? Would I fix it up or down if I could reach it??

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Wish I could use A/c it's like 20 out now haha

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was driving home from work yesterday and all of sudden the cold air was barely coming out of the vents. I turned it up to high and then the AC was making a lot of loud noise.

Seems like this is the problem as it is an 06. I have an appointment for Tuesday and still under warranty.

·
77 Posts
Jeez.. Mine just happened as well. My warranty is up this month. They better honor it. Sucked yesterday as it was 97. On the flip side, I rather have it happen in the spring/summer than in dead of winter.

·
Registered
294 Posts
great it seems I now have this issue, and im out of warranty by two months (only 34000 miles arrrrgh)

any handy folks can tell me how to fix this myself?

thanks

·
^GM Goodwrench Certified^
2,918 Posts
you have to drop the steering column, pull the dash out and replace the top of the HVAC box. If you would like instructions, send me a PM.

·
Registered
657 Posts
My 06 has this problem. I took the blower out, pulled out the broken recirc door. Reinstalled the blower and the a/c works fine, switches between face and feet, and blows better than the day i bought it. so i would assume it has been a little messed up for a while. Pikeboy you should be able to rig it either open or closed, i have read on here somewhere where another DT member rigged theirs so they constantly recirculate. If anyone knows where that thread is please do share.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just took the door and put four screws in it, to hold it in the recirc position. In Texas, I have no need for outside air. It blows cold and hard. I can put it on floor, face, defrost, whatever. Didn't effect it at all. I bought the repair and it came with the whole housing. I just don't feel like pulling the dash. It works for me.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.