DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
The Danger Dodge
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so..A boy with a 2000 Silverado Extended Cab 4X4 5.3L with pipes was talking about my 1999 Ram Extended cab 5.2L 2wd...And I was wondering..If I did challenge him to a race whether I would lose or not??

He was talking alot of crap He said my truck is a ragged out tacky piece of junk.. and that It was slow as crap.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
bro i could not tell you who would win the race but if i were you i would think about beatting his azz in the parking lot i know i would if it were my truck but thats just me and my 2 cents

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
The chev will easily win, the 5.3 moves pretty good.

·
Bushwacker!
2,787 Posts
it seems he talks the shit, i'ld tell him to walk the walk and punch his lights out.

mike

·
Chicks dig bench seats.
1,901 Posts
I'd say he's win also. If you were lighter or has some moderate mods you could beat him.. Seriously I would beat his head into his chebby's grille till his teeth stuck.

A programmer, exhaust, and intake setup would give you a MUCH better chance against him.

If you had a 5.9 you would stand a better chance. I know my 5.9 reg cab will smoke my cousin's 2004 5.3 extended anyday. Then again he just has exhaust and i have some other mods as well.

·
Kilroy
544 Posts
wait a minute, you guys are saying that a 5.3 in a 4x4 will waste
a 5.2 in a 2wd?
personally im not too sure about that and would invite him to the nearest
1/4 mile dragstrip for a real race not a stop light to stop light deal.

tell him the loser reimburses the winner for the nights racing.
if he backs down then you know who the punk is, if he takes you up on it
win or lose you get a fun night out of it. and it only costs you a few bucks.
you should be able to get 5 passes in.
so you can do best 3 out of 5 or best 2 out of 3

·
Kilroy
544 Posts
and by the way remove all the dead weight you can like the tool box,spare tire,
try to run the tank down to 1/4 or less and remove the tube that runs from
the air hat to the fender well. also if you can without him knowing it
remove the tailgate and stick it in a safe place.

unfair if he doesnt know about it? not as far as im concerned.
anyone that races knows all the little secrets.

·
Ironram
308 Posts
sad to say he might waste you buddy at work has an 03 chevy with the 5.3 he talked the same till we got out on the road one day after work and my 98 quad 4x4 even with the 20in wheels loaded down tool box i took him but honestly not by as much as i would of liked with the factory 16's and no tool box i could of blew him away but i still beat him by at least 2 truck lengths and that was with the 5.9 only mods is flowmaster exhaust and the iat relocate but good luck if it wear me he would of never walked away without his teeth in his pocket

·
Kinda Newbie
201 Posts
At the track, equal drivers, I'd say he'd likely win.
However, his need to run his mouth might mean he's compensating for poor driving ability (or more likely, problems getting his little soldier to salute), so I'd take my chances with him at the redlight.
For example, about a week ago, a late 90's S10 ZR2 4x4, reg cab shortbed with the 4.3 V6 pulled up beside me when I was in my '03 Ecotec 5 speed Cavalier. The wife told me he looked like he wanted to run; I had not looked at him. Well, he did take off like a bat out of hell and only then did I try to keep up with him. I ended up raping him. LOL
You could tell he was trying to outrun me, this wasn't one of those cases where you say you beat someone when the other person wasn't even trying. Sorry about the all-Chevy story, but I don't beat too many people off the line in my Mirada and Cordoba with 2.76 gears. :stk: I know he was heavier than me, but he also had at least 50 hp and at least 50 lb/ft of torque on me.
All I'm saying is you might be surprised, redlight to redlight. Controlled conditions at the track is another story.

·
Registered
23 Posts
you should prob not try that the chevy would take you easy as the 5.3 is basicly 327 and run out very well do alittle work on your ram then play

·
Kinda Newbie
201 Posts
The 5.3 has a good 60 horsepower over a 318 Magnum, stock for stock.

·
Hotty Toddy Gosh Almighty
5,101 Posts
I say its time for your supercharger. One thing you can tell him is that when his 5.3 craters up from all his piston slap you aren't gonna give him a ride. Personally, I'll take reliability over speed. The 318 is arguably one of the most durable gasoline engines ever manufactured. Sure its not gonna smoke a lot of people, but when you see his Chevy pulled off on the side of the road just honk and wave as you drive by.

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
Yeah...the little 318 gets a bum rap so I wouldn't try it against the newer Chevy 5.3. Of course you can laugh at him when your 318 has 400,000 miles on it and his has already blown up.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Dodgevanman said:
Yeah...the little 318 gets a bum rap so I wouldn't try it against the newer Chevy 5.3. Of course you can laugh at him when your 318 has 400,000 miles on it and his has already blown up.
my dad had a 5.3 with 250,000 and no issues.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would not race him I have the 318 in my ram although mine is a 4x4 and my wife has the 5.3 in her chevy and sad to say the chevy would waist my ram :mad:

·
Got Horsepower?
182 Posts
Is this a Dodge site or a Chevy site.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.