DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i just found this site and am looking for some help. my check engine light is on, and after failing the emissions test, i did some searching and got this.

P0403 EGR SOLENOID CIRCUIT Open or shorted condition detected in the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) solenoid control circuit

P0134 O2 SENSOR 1/1 SIGNAL INACTIVE Neither rich or lean condition is detected from the oxygen sensor 1/1 input

P0132 O2 SENSOR 1/1 HIGH Oxygen sensor 1/1 input voltage maintained above normal operating range

maybe you guys an tell me where to start.

·
Official qwerty thief
2,319 Posts
well for starters your O2 sensor i think the upstream one is shot, and the other may be due to that or could be part of the EGR starting to go. Take it to autozone get a free scan nad see what their comp tells ya it is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
replaced the egr valve and the O2 sensor before the cat and took care of a blown fuse for the downstream 02 sensor, and now only one code comes out but its for the sensor i replaced, it says its getting no activity. could it be the wire and plug, to it, and if so, should i leave that to a electrician or is it alright to do it myself just stripping the wires and taping the good one on. thanx

·
Moose
4,478 Posts
you can do it yourself but Id either solder the connections or butt splice it dont just twist and tape it. not a reliable connection

·
Registered
38 Posts
Have you by chance replaced the timing belt recently? If not how many miles are on your car? The last time I changed my timing belt I was in a hurry and had the cam off a single COG and it threw codes and it probably would have failed an emissions test. This is something to check if you have done anything with the timing belt.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
132,000 miles on it. no, the timing belt hasnt been messed wit recently, im still getting one code but now it doesnt say "no activity". now its saying its getting too much voltage

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.