DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2.4L. I've replaced the thermostat. The oil looks good (ie, not milky). I made sure it was full of coolant. When the car is cold I can start it up and let it idle for 30 minutes and the temp stays fine, the radiator fan is running. If I take it out on the highway it will run fine and the temp is normal. But when I then (after the highway run) either let it idle or drive slowly it will overheat. After doing this the next day the coolant reservior will be empty. I have not seen any coolant on the ground under the car. I have tried this several times and it is repeatable. What am I missing?

· Troubleshooter
1,482 Posts
check the rad cap, also maybe time for a good flush.

If the fluid is coming out thru the cap, it can evaporate before you ever notice it, had a similar problem on a Dakota once

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked the cap. No problem there. Yes a flush would be a good thing but I now believe there is a leak somewhere. Possibly a high presure one which might explain why I don't see any coolent on the ground under the car when it sits.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.