DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What other than the grill and bumper what is needed to swap 95 front end to 99 to 01 sport?

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
Headlights and headlight wiring

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is the different in the lights? is it mounting or just wiring and bulbs?

·
hot2k1ram
756 Posts
they mount the same except there are two bulbs instead of one, so u need someone who can wire them correctly, one is high beam one is low beam, also, the grill bracket on non-sport models is different than the sport grill bracket, you can modify the original and use some zip-ties to hold it on, or just get a new one from somewhere, other than that it bolts right up

·
Registered
20 Posts
Where can you buy the front bumper for the 99 sport besides the stealership and junkyard? I have found the grille and brackets, but no bumper. Both of them online for a reasonable price. Thanks.

-Jared

·
Registered
71 Posts
That is it, I`ve looked everywhere for it and it`s either Stealership or bone yard.
I have desided to make my own starting with the rear,

·
Registered
21 Posts
Another thing about the headlights you will need to cut the inner fender. The sport headlights have 2 sets of bulbs and require the cutting of the fender. If you look in my gallery I did the installation of the sport headlights on my 94. Its a pretty simple job i just didnt hook up the inner bulbs because i only wanted the clear look of the sports. Another thing is that the sports use a 9007 bulb for the low beam and non sports have a 9004 so you will have to modify the socket of the headlight to fit the 9004 no biggie though.

·
hot2k1ram
756 Posts
on my '01 i didnt have to modify anything for the lights to fit, something must have changed on the trucks after '99, we had to make an entirely separate harness for the new lights b/c the stock wiring kept shorting out so we wired the new harness to the factory switch,im running all four lights on low beam and wired all four for high beam as well, also be very careful as to what wattage bulbs you put in, 80/100w bulbs will burn the after market and stock lights, you gotta use 50/60w bulbs which will still give you good lighting

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah from 99 and up non sport models the inner fender is already cut to fit these headlights. But from 94 and 98 you'll have to cut the fender

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.