Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Problem:

My rear wheels act odd when I push my break pedal down 1/3 they act normal when I push 2/3 they lock up when I push 3/4 they lock up so bad that that they rub all the way till I turn the truck off for about 4 hours to let the brakes drift back out

What I Have Done:

Replaced the master cylinder , wheel cylinders twice , all hardware is new and new shoes and drums and rear brake lines on the rear axle been replaced.

Please tell me what my issue is. Thanks

·
Registered
675 Posts
Are the springs installed correctly? It sounds like the rear drums aren't releasing for some reason. Did you replace the proportioning valve? Are you sure it is the correct prop valve? You should try to determine if it is because fluid isn't returning to the MC like it is supposed to or are the springs not pulling the shoes back in like they're supposed to. Then you will have a better idea of where to look for the problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no it is not a new prop valve and i know the springs are correct but as i said in my first post the truck works as long as i never push the pedal 3/4 of the way down my rear will not lock up to the point they dont unlock.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update:
I unplugged my RWAL valve electrical connector and my brakes work great plug it back in they do the same

Should I replace the valve or the abs module?

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Haven't a clue. ... What if you make them "lock up for 4 hours", but then unhook the battery (turn lights on and pump brake too), see what happens.

... Or simply unhook RWAL connector when their "locked up"; if brakes release valve is probably ok.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.