DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. I'm stuck again. finally got the driving lights mounted by the P&B shop that left them off when repairing the front end after a fender bender, (Other guys fault). I'm trying to hook them up, to come on with the high beams, and the electrical on the headlights has me totally stumped. Off, all three wires into the bulb are HOT, headlights on, outer wires HOT , center wire (blue with white stripe not. High beams on, center wire HOT and red outside HOT. How do I get a wire that's only HOT to power the relay when High Beams are on??? :VHOT:

·
Registered
607 Posts
You don't. These are wired with the switching on the low side, so the common feed is always live. You need a relay with both sides of the coil available (4-terminal plastic cased ones are), wire one side to the blue permanently live wire, one to the red/orange stripe that goes LOW when the high beams are on

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The relay I'm using is a "Pilot" with 4 terminals on bottom like you describe. I assumed it would wire 1 set from power to driving lights, 1 set ground and hot on high beams. If I understand you correctly, I use the relay switching side to go to hot on headlight and wire thats not hot with high beams on headlight harness?? Is that right?

·
Registered
607 Posts
Mister 4x4 said:
Well, not to mention that it's illegal in most if not all states to have high beams AND driving lights on at the same time.

Food for thought.
High beams and fog lights, which is why there's the foglamp relay in there as standard, driving lights are a separate matter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.