DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Dodge Ram 1500
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changing the rear drums, shoes, and cylinder, with new hardware (drum brake springs etc), but the elongated oval-shaped slot on the shoe is located towards the lower part of the wheel whereas the E-brake “hook” that is supposed to fit into a slot on the shoe is positioned towards the upper left part of the wheel (towards the front of the truck if viewing the rear driver side wheel). Just left of the wheel cylinder is where the cable and bracket (that has the “hook” on it) reaches to, but since the only slot on the shoe where that hook can fit in to us at the bottom of the wheel, the E-brake is rendered useless and provides no tension or resistance when engaged. I’ve looked at several YouTube videos and they don’t seem to have that problem seeing as the shoes they are using have that slot positioned on the upper part. Did I get the wrong shoes? I specifically told the O’Reilly’s guy the correct information, did he give me the wrong shoes anyway? Is there a way to adjust the cable so that it is shorter?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts