DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
99 Ram 5.2
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I only get air blowing out at the windshield. The air control knob seems okay. I was surprised to see about 4 different colors of vacuum lines at the back side of the knob. (see pic). The Haynes printed repair module says there is a vacuum supply line coming from the intake manifold and has an internal check valve in it. I have not been able to locate this hose. U-tube video's do not match my apparently different attachment point.

Apparently checking this supply line hose is step one in repairing the damper door being stuck. Once it's located vacuum is supposed to flow when done from the engine side but not when done on the control side. If that works, then it's apparently a matter of pulling the vacuum control harness assembly and applying vacuum to each line to see if any do not hold vacuum which will identify a leak.

Anyone know where that vacuum line attaches to the engine at???
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Machine Computer hardware

·
Registered
99 Ram 5.2
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's fixed! After digging around on the right side of the motor I found a pneumatic hose end that appeared it belonged somewhere. (see pics) The end it was supposed to be attached and was obscured by the larger crankcase fumes reburn pneumatic line. Once I connected it and started the truck, the ac damper worked as it should.

The last photo shows the small black hose going into the firewall and the check valve that is known to fail and cause issues. If your vacuum source line is connected, I would check the check valve for proper operation. When pulling vacuum from the engine side, air should flow. From the heater/ac side side vacuum applied should not allow flow. Hope this helps anyone else having damper control issues on their 2nd Gen Ram.

Attachments

Reactions: Vern14
1 - 2 of 2 Posts